“Now called "The Baker"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Baker

The Baker
South of San Pedro Town, Opposite Super Buy South and next-door to Marinas Supermarket and Xanadu Island Resort. | Sea Grape Drive, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize (Formerly The Bakery)
+501 629-8030
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Houston, Texas
“Now called "The Baker"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is great for fresh bread and daily specials. They will even make sandwiches for you. The new owners, a husband and wife team from Ireland, bought the business in March of 2013. They have a new oven and make the best bread, pastries and cookies around.The shop is being upgraded and will have better air in the immediate future but for now it is open to the normal Belize air. The shop is located on the south end of the island by the old cannon in the road. Stop by and get some great food. The cinnamon bread (awesome for french toast), cheese bread and cookies are fantastic.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
Los Angeles, CA
“Delicious cinnamon rolls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had been looking for this bakery for 2 days! Our guide book was 2 years old and apparently the bakery moved from the middle of town to south of Xanadu. It was walking distance from our hotel the whole time!

We stopped in early so they didn't have much ready. We took some cinnamon rolls so that we'd have something to munch on during our flight. I wish we had bought more! They were perfect amount of cinnamon and icing and the bread was so soft.

Visited July 2013
Granite Bay, California
“very clean and fresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I bought a few treats to share with the family. I guess the only thing missing was sugar. But then again I am from California and love my sweet treat. Everything was fresh and yummie but I could of used a little more sweetness!

Visited July 2013
San Pedro, Belize
“More than a bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The Baker has rolls, loaves and specialty breads as you'd expect, (all good) but what I must give kudos for is their lunchtime wraps. Oh, so affordable (cheap, really) and excellent. I said excellent. And I can go anywhere in town and hear people raving about the pretzels, cinnamon rolls, and other sweet offerings. I'm honestly scared to try the pizza for fear of becoming addicted. Must comment, also that Ken & Emily are working very hard (and doing a great job) to change the ambiance. It has, up to now, not really been a place where you'd want to linger with a cup of coffee and a sweet roll, but they are making great strides in converting The Baker into a destination location.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“SCOTS ON TOUR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family loved The Bakery, the Irish owners are wonderful . My kids went several times for lunch, great fresh sandwiches at great prices, they also loved the fresh pizza slices.The highlight of their morning was to travel to "EMILY'S", (this is what the kids renamed it after the lovely lady owner), and get freshly baked cinnamon buns, Emily would even set some aside for them so they would not have to get up so early on their vacation, be warned the cinnamon buns go quickly.
Emily and Keith thank you for making our family trip so memorable.

• Visited July 2013