As I looked at the photos of Grand Caribe on its website before we booked our trip, the bright blue of the sky, the inviting swimming pools and the appealing architecture of the buildings and rooms all seemed too good to be true. But after staying at Grand Caribe, I can assure you it is as beautiful as it appears on its website.
We were a three-generation family of tourists: grandparents, children and grandchildren. Our goal was to find a place on Ambergris Caye where we could all be together in one dwelling, but still have privacy and space, too. A two-bedroom, two-bathroom condominium/apartment with full kitchen at Grand Caribe was perfect for us. Note: Grand Caribe has three and four bedroom units, too. Many amenities are provided, which are noted on the website.
On our arrival we were warmly greeted by staff members and then led to our immaculate first-class, well-equipped condo with its amazing view of the pool, the beach and Caribbean Sea. We took full advantage of the beach, three swimming pools, two hot tubs and Sea, as well as the small restaurant/bar by the main pool, which served up a delicious menu. My husband, an avid kayaker, was able to rent a kayak to paddle out to the reef. Diving, snorkeling and mainland jungle excursions are also offered.
One day we rented a six-seat golf cart to ride into the town of San Pedro (about a 20-minute ride south of Grand Caribe) and enjoyed the shops, restaurants and ice cream parlors. There are no shops in the near vicinity of Grand Caribe, so if you are a shopaholic, or want to stock up your kitchen, you will need to rent a golf cart to get into town. (Grand Caribe will buy and deliver groceries for a charge.) There are a few restaurants within walking distance of Grand Caribe, including a great BBQ place not five minutes away, which we enjoyed twice (even though it is open only from 11 am to 6 pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
We feel that we spent four days in paradise at Grande Caribe and highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed if you book your next vacation getaway at Grand Caribe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The unique layout of this premier resort provides the entire 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos with an unobstructed panoramic view of the second largest Barrier Reef! The residences are beautifully appointed with spacious, fully equipped kitchens. The living rooms and bedrooms have flat screens and all accommodations also have ipod docking, DVD and internet service. Concierge can arrange local flights, golf cart rentals, all tours including snorkeling, diving, fishing, sailing, mainland excursions, private charters, private chefs and babysitting. Contact us for your next vacation, honeymoon or any special occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Grand Caribe Belize Resort and Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums Hotel San Pedro
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums San Pedro