We stayed here for 6 days with our family of five in a 3 bedroom 3 bath condo that was beautifully decorated with a spiral staircase and full kitchen with free laundry service. I mean they do your laundry for no charge! Great thing to offer in a hotel....you MUST have a golf cart here unless you have no intentions of leaving the property (which I don't recommend) the island is fantastic and easy to explore. It is safe and the restaurants in town are fabulous! We explored the entire island and we decided that the location of this hotel is the best, others are too far north and others are in the middle of town (which we do not care for) the Grand Caribe is right in the middle and it is clean with a great pool and bar that is swim up style. It also has a great pier that is a must in Ambergris Caye . An incredible amount of sea grass lines the entire shore here and you need a pier to walk on/jump off to swim and snorkel. This island is a divers destination but it is great for snorkeling too. If you don't dive and want to see the "Blue Hole" you can do so by helicopter. They serve pool bar food here and room service. The people are very friendly and helpful, the only draw back is the hotel is still under construction and has no restaurant at this time or spa (but it's coming soon) they need help at their excursion desk and need updated pricing and excursion photo's. We had to "wing it" and we were successful. We fished (inside the reef) and caught more fish then I have ever caught in my life, we also did shark ray alley and snorkeled a famous spot. We did it all on 1 excursion with a local guy who then cooked all of our fish with fresh lobster for lunch. This was the best day we had on our entire vacation...the local guy was named Tony and the girl at the excursion desk at the hotel recommended him and it was perfect! The boat was a bit old and funky but they are all like that in that area but don't be scared, just go for it. This island is fantastic and we just loved it!! We split it up with the main land too and it was a good mix and completely different, the puddle jumper is safe and super cool!!! Fly over from Belize City airport rather then taking the ferry...it's faster, cheap and super cool!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The unique layout of this premier resort provides the entire 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos with an unobstructed panoramic view of the second largest Barrier Reef! The residences are beautifully appointed with spacious, fully equipped kitchens. The living rooms and bedrooms have flat screens and all accommodations also have ipod docking, DVD and internet service. Concierge can arrange local flights, golf cart rentals, all tours including snorkeling, diving, fishing, sailing, mainland excursions, private charters, private chefs and babysitting. Contact us for your next vacation, honeymoon or any special occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Caribe Belize Resort and Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums Hotel San Pedro
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums San Pedro