This was our first trip to Belize - 2 adults and 2 college-aged children. We researched many resorts on Ambergris Caye and were very happy with our selection - the resort is beautiful and spotless, and the condos are well-furnished with fabulous views. Every single team member there is friendly, helpful, and professional. The resort service is top-notch: they make traveling there super easy, setting up the flights from Belize City, taxi, golf cart rental, and tours (with as much or as little help as you request). The super team members answered many, many questions via email - very professional and responsive. Just made it so easy to plan and be comfortable things were taken care of. There were all ages staying at the resort....definitely something for everyone here!
Grand Caribe's location is ideal - just north of the bridge into San Pedro, so you can easily drive a golf cart or bike into town. I highly recommend renting a golf cart - it's great fun and the easiest way to get around town. We were a little concerned about driving in the crowd there, but all cars, bikes, pedestrians, and golf carts are courteous and respectful of each other - even in the crowded busy season! There are plenty of restaurants north of town, also, and the hotel restaurant is great - but I'd recommend experiencing the town of San Pedro while you are there. We were there Christmas week, and the lights all over town were beautiful!
We scheduled tours for snorkeling (Hol Chin/Shark Ray Alley), fishing, and mainland (Xunantunich and Cave Tubing). Grand Caribe arranged the snorkeling and fishing - and we were extremely satisfied. We scheduled our own tour to Xunantunich/Cave Tubing - through Belize JungleTrek. The sites were fantastic - we highly recommend them both - but we would not use this firm again; very disappointed in their service and attitude (I have provided a separate review on JungleTrek).
While on Ambergris Caye, we walked or drove by most of the resorts we had researched in planning our Belize adventure. Without a doubt, we made the right decision to stay at Grand Caribe and will definitely stay again when we return. The more I think about our great vacation, the more I realize it was in great part to the friendly and service-focused team at Grand Caribe resort. Hope you decide to stay there - you'll be glad you did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The unique layout of this premier resort provides the entire 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos with an unobstructed panoramic view of the second largest Barrier Reef! The residences are beautifully appointed with spacious, fully equipped kitchens. The living rooms and bedrooms have flat screens and all accommodations also have ipod docking, DVD and internet service. Concierge can arrange local flights, golf cart rentals, all tours including snorkeling, diving, fishing, sailing, mainland excursions, private charters, private chefs and babysitting. Contact us for your next vacation, honeymoon or any special occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Caribe Belize Resort and Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums Hotel San Pedro
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums San Pedro