We stayed at Grand Caribe from February 15th to 23rd. Myself, my husband, and another couple stayed in B2. We are in our late twenties/early thirties. Our unit was a two bedroom, two bath and each bedroom had a queen or king bed. Everything about the condo was nice, new and clean. It was a first floor unit and faced out to the pool with views of the ocean also. We spent a lot of time on our patio- it was larger than some other units (possibly one bedrooms). The grounds were so nice and the pools were great. There's also a couple of hot tubs which are nice in the evening. Housekeeping came daily and did a wonderful job. They also did some of our laundry and returned it the same day. We ate several times at the pool bar. The recently expanded their menu and it has a pretty good selection. Most entrees/sandwiches are about $15 US which is a little more than in town but it's very convenient. The quesadillas, fish sandwich, and cinnamon roll french toast are all very good. The bar also has a large selection of drinks. We got drinks at the bar, but more often we just made drinks in our condo. Definitely buy liquor in duty free at the airport. We also bought some groceries- best places were the fresh fruit stands and The Greenhouse on Middle Street. Make sure you check expiration dates no matter wheere you shop. There's a grocery store that's just north of the bridge which is the closest store to the resort but is also much pricier than places in town. Soda isn't the cheapest thing, but they tried charging us $15 US for a twelve-pack of it. Another time we bought two 2 liters of soda and we realized it was expired once we got back to the condo. I wouldn't go there unless you really needed something quickly. The pool bar is open until maybe 10:00pm or so, possibly later if people are there having fun. I think they only serve food until 9:00pm though. We could here a little music some nights when we sat on our patio, but nothing too loud or bothersome. The resort is pretty quiet at night, nothing like an all-inclusive resort that we're used to. We had a golf cart for a week and this was the best part of the trip. It gave us the ability to just go, anywhere and anytime, which was a lot of fun. We explored north, to about Las Terrazas, and as far south as we could go. We went to town at least once a day. There is a bridge fee- $5 US round trip for the golf cart, but we didn't have to pay for gas. We did one excursion, snorkeling, that was booked through the resort. They said that they usually use Lil Alphonse, Seaduced, or Searious. We ended up getting Lil Alphonse and it was awesome. The four of us were the only ones in the boat. Highly suggest this. We wish we would have done it sooner so we could have gone twice. We thought the location was the best- close enough to town but not right in the hustle and bustle. We're younger couples who like to go out and we still found the location great. We went into town in the evenings for dinner and stayed out for a couple of drinks. We never felt unsafe in town or on our ride to/from town, although we didn't stay out too late (not past 11:00pm or so). Overall, we had such a great trip and a wonderful stay at Grand Caribe. The resort is one of the nicest we saw and the staff was very helpful. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The unique layout of this premier resort provides the entire 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos with an unobstructed panoramic view of the second largest Barrier Reef! The residences are beautifully appointed with spacious, fully equipped kitchens. The living rooms and bedrooms have flat screens and all accommodations also have ipod docking, DVD and internet service. Concierge can arrange local flights, golf cart rentals, all tours including snorkeling, diving, fishing, sailing, mainland excursions, private charters, private chefs and babysitting. Contact us for your next vacation, honeymoon or any special occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Caribe Belize Resort and Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums Hotel San Pedro
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums San Pedro