“The touts outside were a little annoying but the meal was good.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Patio Restaurant

El Patio Restaurant
Corner of Barrier Reef Drive & Black Coral Street, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize
501-226-3898
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #68 of 124 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Puget Sound
“The touts outside were a little annoying but the meal was good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I found the touts outside the restaurant to be a bit aggressive and annoying but once you are inside and seated at a table it’s all settles down. The only time we ate there I had the lobster and my wife had some sort of fish (I can’t remember what kind). We both really enjoyed our meals. We each had fresh fruit drinks. My wife had papaya juice and I had fresh lime juice (kind of like limeade). Both were made with fresh fruit and was very good. They often have live music in the evening starting around 6:30 or whenever the musician(s) show up. Smile. While we were there it was a single musician who played at a pleasant sound level for dinning. Although the stage was large enough to hold an entire band. It might be worth asking one of the touts about the night’s entertainment and then decide if you want to go in for dinner.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Commerce Township, Michigan
“Great Food and Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We asked our cab driver where to go to dinner and he immediately responded with El Patio. My wife and I said ok and he promtly drove us to the resraunt. Once arriving, we were not sure if we were just taken, the driver knew the staff and they seemed like friends. We were greeted by Osmar and h e made many recommandations for drinks and dinner. We followed his lead and were glad we did. The drinks were great and the dinner was fabulous! Osmar made sure that everything was perfect.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, CA
“Ok for "tourists"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Let me preface that I'm a frequent visitor to San Pedro - visiting 5+ times per year for the past 5 years. My friends and I visited El Patio on my first visit to the island. It was a rainy night and we were just looking for some nice local food in a quiet setting. The "patio" was nice... very rustic with stone floors and walls. I remember a fountain in the patio. The food was good, but mediocre in comparison to some of the many other wonderful places I've discovered since. I do remember that we had a very "off" night with service -they were very kind, but VERY slow. We have not been back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dauphin, Canada
“Nice atmosphere and great service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal at the Patio, especially with Henry, our server. He was attentive and helpful. A real Jem! The food was all Ok but not exceptional. I chose a steak, nice portion but a bit tough. Prices were a bit higher than most places. With so many wonderful places in San Pedro, they need to pick it up a bit.

Visited February 2014
“Amazing service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stopped in for lunch during a snorkelling tour and were greeted by Osmar. He was an amazing waiter. Some places in Belize leave something to be desired in terms of service and efficiency. Not here! He sat us down and made some excellent recommendations for food and drinks. He was always coming and checking on us. We had tropical chicken, breaded jalapeño stuffed chicken and chicken fajitas and it was all amazing. Definitely somewhere you need to stop by and check out of you are visiting the area.