“Get me in the water!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy PRIVATE snorkel Trips to Hol Chan Marine Reserve and many other sites along the Belize barrier Reef with the husband and wife team of Grumpy and Happy (Lorne and Jolene). All trips are private. This company never mixes groups. Those with Special needs are welcome. The ladder is custom designed to ensure that there is no challenge getting in and out of the water. The experience of having your own boat cannot be underestimated. Conversation is easy and fun and relating from the start. Also Lorne and Jolene can cater totally to what you would like to do without compromise for others. Grumpy and Happy is a licensed tour operator registered with the Belize tourism Board.
Gainesville, Florida
“Get me in the water!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have snorkeled all my life but never had such great guides in the water with me. This was the highpoint of my snorkeling career. The things we saw and the places we went, awesome! We were a party of six and the boat was very comfortable. These nice people are so trustworthy and love what they do. Watch out for those other guides! I watched: some of them couldn’t even swim and they let their clients stand on the coral – unsafe and a travesty. Belize is a treasure and if I was sure of the names I would review the other guides for their lack of care for that treasure. Go with Grumby and Happy and save the reef!

Visited May 2013

Portland, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“Great adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful morning with Jolene and Lorne in the Hol Chan marine reserve and Shark Alley. We had never snorkeled before but with Jolene's instruction we did just fine. She pointed out many species of marine life that we would most likely have missed without her. At Shark Alley we saw several sharks and actually, willingly got into the water with them. All was well and we came home in one piece! A little added bonus was swimming with the turtles. Great trip! The private tour was so informative and so much more fun than those large group tours.

Visited April 2013
Houston,
“Wonderful Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a great time with Grumpy and Happy while in Ambergris Caye. The wind was quite bad that day leading to some tough currents, but Lorne and Jolene's knowledge of the area was very helpful in deciding where to go to still have a great time! They are very personable and make it a very fun trip. Like others, I have to comment on their boat and ladder - it made getting in and out of the water so easy, especially for those that may not be as agile as others. We highly recommend them to any group!

Visited April 2013
Prospect, Canada
“The Best Private Snorkeling Tour for my Husband”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I HIGHLY recommend this dynamic duo. If you have any reservations about snorkeling these are the duo to go with! I am a person of disability and had reservations about being able to go but my husband really-really wanted the opportunity...he did his research and found Happy and Grumpy and I am soooo glad he did! They were most professional: they explained everything in detail and eased my fears. They had the right equipment for me - prescription goggles and the best long ladder I've ever seen to help ease me into the water. The best part of the whole trip was the fact that 'Happy' was able to recognize my anxieties and did not make me feel stupid or embarrassed when I had to stop after 5 minutes and return to the boat...and that is how my husband got the BEST PRIVATE snorkeling tour. Thank you Happy and Grumpy!!!!

Visited March 2013
Yukon, Oklahoma
“Grumpy and Happy- the BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is the second private snorkeling tour we have had with Grumpy and Happy, they are the best! Grumpy and Happy are warm, friendly people who accommodate their customers in every way to make it a snorkeling trip you will never forget. They give great instructions for the inexperienced as well as take the time to point out beautiful sea life we would not have noticed otherwise. One of our party left a piece of jewelry on their boat and they went out of their way to get that back to us before we left the island. If you want a great snorkeling tour choose Grumpy and Happy, you will not be disappointed!

Visited March 2013