“Unfriendly and unhelpful!” 1 of 5 stars

226-4488
Improve this listing
“Unfriendly and unhelpful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

I contacted Sailsports via email before my trip to San Pedro but they never bothered to reply. When I arrived and went to go and speak to them to discuss kitesurfing lessons I found the guy in charge very unfriendly and actually quite rude. He refused to take me out for any lessons as he said the wind wasn't strong enough and said to come back tomorrow to see if it was any better. At first I thought this was fair enough as he was the expert, not me. However, after waiting 2 days he still said the wind wasn't good enough and seemed completely uninterested in getting any business from me. I'd seen other people out kitesurfing in the past 2 days so I decided that maybe he just couldn't be bothered with giving any kitesurfing lessons and that I was just wasting my time with him.....This was when I decided to contact the other kitesurfing school in San Pedro, Kitexplorer. They replied to my email immediately and were very helpful and friendly. They also interestingly informed me that the wind had been fine the past few days and that they had all been out riding whilst I had been sat on the beach wasting the precious time that I had on the island! Whilst out with Kitexplorer I also met someone else who had exactly the same experience with Sailsports.

If you're looking to kitesurf whilst in San Pedro, I wouldnt bother wasting your time with Sailsports!! Just head straight to Kitexplorer in town where they will be more than happy to help you. I had a great time with them, was extremely satisfied with their lessons and left with a smile on my face :) !!

Canandaigua
13 attraction reviews
“Kite Boarding lessons were great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

My 19 year old son took kite boarding lessons with Bradley. They are low key and did not want him to go out unless the wind was right. He was kite boarding in about 3 hours and loved it. They have wind surfers and Cats, but we didn't try those. I would use them on a return trip.

Visited January 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Fun with wind!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My husband loves to windsurf and having Sailsports at Caribbean Villas made our decision to stay in San Pedro that much easier!

Paul has plenty of gear to use and it's good gear, not like some of the things you see at resorts in Mexico called "windsurfers". The gear is much more up to date and you're able to switch things out throughout the day if you need to.

Paul also has really reasonable rates and keeps track of your time used so you get the most bang for your buck.

Speaking of bangs, Paul is also very understanding when a board gets dinged or a fin goes missing. Nobody wants those things to happen, but they do from time to time and of course both happened to us in the one week we were there. His repair charges were very reasonable.

There are some shallow areas in front of the beach so it's good to be wary of them. Ask Paul or Melvin about them so they can give you a heads up.

We didn't rent any non-windsurfing gear but the hobies and kites looked fun. Others were having a great time.

Also, prices on line are current as of today!

Visited January 2012
Bend, Oregon
“Kite Boarding - Sailsports Belize”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

Just returned from a 2 week trip to Belize. We spent the last week of our trip on the island of Ambergris Caye. While the weather was unseasonably cold (50 degrees!) we still had a great time. Our plan was to spend days diving and kite boarding. First thing first we located the closest kite boarding school so we could understand the wind patterns and get an idea of how many locals were into kite boarding. This is when we found Paul and his company Sailsports Belize. Paul helped describe the the terrain and the saftey issues of the area. While we couldn't get him in the water (too cold for the Belizean resident!) he was VERY helpful on shore. The shop has a great location on the beach right next to the Carribean Villas Hotel and the COLDEST Beer in town! Great place to hang out with friendly people.

Thanks again Paul, we'll be back soon!