“Tropical Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aji Tapa Bar & Restaurant

Aji Tapa Bar & Restaurant
2.5 Miles North San Pedro Town | Belize, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye 00000, Belize
+501 226-4047
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 126 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mediterranean, Seafood, Tapas
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: A one of a kind 5 Star Tapas Lounge and Restaurant situated on the enchanting island of Ambergris Caye, Belize. Come visit us for an exotic cocktail under our Palapa bar, or bring the family to dine in our outdoor beachfront restaurant. Enjoy the myriad of flavors our tapas menu has to offer and relax in the moonlight inside the tropical Tapas lounge . Looking to celebrate? Our beautiful property is perfect to house your wedding, or specialized private event, alongside our event coordinators. .If you plan on visiting Ambergris be sure to visit Aji, where you will be captivated by the tropical, romantic atmosphere, fine food and fun friends you will make while visiting.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Tropical Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I found this little Garden of Eden while on vacation to celebrate our anniversary. We planned our week so we could eat there 3 times. Every meal was delicious. Our waiters were exceptional and remembered us when we returned. The stuffed pork and their signature dishes fabulous, and of course, don't miss out on their fresh catch of the day. Our vacation was perfect with our visits to this Tropical Paradise!

Visited June 2014

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Amazing Seafood and Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed in San Pedro from 5/29-6/2 and are so happy that we found Aji! Not only was the food amazing, but the atmosphere was so much more than you would ever expect from a restaurant. I think we returned 4 times during our trip. Walking down the beach at night, you can see the twinkling white lights in the distance. Once you enter restaurant, you find the entire staff barefoot. They were so warm and welcoming and genuinely glad to see you. We did witness a 'disturbance' on Saturday, 6/1 but the Aji staff reacted quickly and efficiently. Some 'overserved' guests from a bar close by tried to sit down and were using profanity and bullying a young woman who was obviously distraught at the bar. They were escorted out of the restaurant and the staff profusely apologized to all of the diners. When we returned on Monday to say goodbye to the staff, we were told that the owner himself had later come down and given a key to the distraught guest and offered her a safe place to stay for the night in the onsite apartment. We can't wait to go back! Ask for the blackened snapper...it's so wonderful!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Stumbled Upon a Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

So I got separated from my party and I ended up by Aji, all by myself. I didn't intend to eat there that evening, I didn't even intend to visit Aji but it fell dark and I was alone on the beach. Hugo was extremely helpful and I found my entire experience to be delightful. The staff was incredibly kind; The food was superb and the sangria was great. The noodles and meatballs were awesome, as was the coconut curry conch. The restaurant was beautiful, the grounds are clean and the setting is delightful. Most of all, I was humbled by the kindness of the staff & owners. They helped me out when I was in need and for that I will always be grateful. I loved my time at Aji and will ABSOLUTELY be returning. I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a wonderful meal, beautiful setting and great staff. Enjoy! :)

Hermosa Beach, California
“So Tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had our rehearsal dinner here. The owner closed down the restaurant for our private party. The drinks were amazing and the food was even better. Its located right on the beach with an amazing bridge over a lake with crocodiles in the back.

Visited May 2014
Phoenix, AZ
“Off night?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We went to Aji our first night in Belize. Saturday night, walking up from the beach path there is no one in the restaurant/bar area and the first question is - "do you have a reservation?". Seemed as if we were putting them out. Shortly after we were seated a couple came for drinks and toward the end of dinner another couple came for dinner (same question). Maybe they did not expect to have the kitchen open?
They did have mosquito coils out, so I do appreciate that. The garden and grounds are very pretty.
Anyway... The bread with tomato spread had limited flavor. My fish was heavily salted but not much flavor otherwise. Even the papaya seed vinaigrette did not have much flavor. The highlight of the meal was my bf's Coconut Conch Curry, which he thought was extremely good.
Aji seemed to be quite busy other nights when we walked by later in the week.

• Visited May 2014