“nothing to write home about” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Caliente Restaurant

Caliente Restaurant
Barrier Reef Drive (Front Street) | Beachfront - At Spindrift Hotel, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye C.A., Belize
+501 226-2170
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 126 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Central American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Caliente is located on the beach in the center of San Pedro. Our restaurant has been serving a delicious combination of Mexican and Caribbean cuisine in San Pedro since 2001. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. 1/2 Price margaritas on Fridays. Closed Monday.
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

As I've said before, we never found ANY restaurant worth going back to. I can say they gave us good chips and some salsa:-) I ordered the coconut chiicken and my Mom in law said it was awesome. i didn't like it so much, but she loved it! lol GOOD VIEW and wood deck. Nice to get off the sand.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We went there with a large group (13) without reservations - I would not recommend doing this as it is a small restaurant, but they were able to fit us in with no wait. The food was excellent. I ordered the ginger shrimp but they gave me the ginger chicken instead (honest mistake), and I was happy with that choice, although I tasted the shrimp and it was the better choice in my mind. My daughter had the ginger shrimp, and she preferred my son's dish (breaded shrimp). I think that everyone in our group had a great dish and there were lots of good choices.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tyler, Texas
“Mexican and Belizean food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Fridays they have Taco night and have good Mexican food on the menu. Nice atmosphere. Sometimes have a live band.

Visited August 2012
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Belize with the girls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Burrito grande is very grand more than fills the plate, grilled onions and peppers along with lettuce, beans and chicken. Burrito gringo were smaller in size though 2 on the plate, still nice and tastey. Prices reasonable for San Pedro and good service

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

The food is delicious! We ate here twice on our vacation! Go on Friday night for taco night and margaritas! The Hawaiian tacos and guacamole are delicious! Also had the fajitas and loved them!