“Good food...not great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waruguma

Waruguma
Pescador (Middle) Street between | Angel Coral street,Back Street, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize
5012062893
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 126 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Salvadoran, Central American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Hermosa Beach, California
“Good food...not great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was not at all impressed with the service here....I more felt like I was being ignored, though, as opposed to the service being bad (if that makes sense)...anyway, that being said - might be some of the best ceviche I've ever had. Shrimp ceviche in the biggest serving of ceviche I've by far ever had filled with huge shrimp. I could barely move when I left here b/c I didn't want to leave any. Also, tried a pupusa...cheap and good.

Was bummed I didn't go back here again on my last night, decided to try something new and regretted the decision of not going back for the ceviche. Next time...

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“Good pupusas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good pupusas! A must try in San Pedro. Affordable. Friendly staff. You can watch the lady make the pupusas yourself.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Great, fresh food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Food is wonderful. We weren't looking forward to the local food as some of us are vegetarian, but there were very good choices for everyone. Service is a little slow, but consistent with island pace.

Visited March 2013
minnesota
“GREAT MEXICAN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had the burrito, chips and salsa. Fresh salsa! and burrito big enough for 2! Place was packed on Fridays...plan on a wait.

Visited March 2013
“Skip lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Skeleton crew at lunch with lazy attitude. Didn't tip, and we never do that! Lunch has its choice of 3 different papusas. I didn't care for any of them. The beer was good...that's a plus, but the waiter asked if we wanted change for our $17 Belize lunch when we paid with a $20 US bill. Um...yes! See...the rate is 2B to $1 US. Not going back. I would advise the same.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere