My husband and I accidentally discovered Ak Bol cruising the back roads of the island. Much to our surprise, Ak Bol was a dream! Next time we come back to Belize this is DEFINITELY where we will stay. (We stayed at Coco Beach this time). The scenery driving up to the back of Ak Bol from the road was serene with beautiful tropical flowers everywhere, very tranquil. We took one look at the view of the ocean and the adorable beach bar hut and knew we had to stay at Ak Bol. It gets better....the chicken and beef papusas are to die for!!!! My husband ordered three orders of them and we really weren't even that hungry to begin with! We ventured out the beach to look at the gorgeous scenery at Ak Bol and a very friendly man walked up to us as he noticed us taking pictures. He asked if we would like him to take our picture, we were VERY appreciative as it is tough to take pictures together when just two people are travelling...so we got to talking to this friendly gentleman who was very casual and had been sitting at a table with a good group of folks. They were laughing and smiling...come to find out, this gentleman was the owner! And the table of laughing friendly people were all of the workers of the resort. Needless to say, we stayed for two or three hours! Ak Bol is a very welcoming atmosphere, the precious little beach bar is directly on the beach and appropriately shaded with beautiful palm trees everywhere. One of the guys that worked there climbed one of the trees to greet several of the people there with coconuts, cut them open for us and we enjoyed the milk with some rum from the bar, DELICIOUS! Ak Bol is a MUST see and visit place whether you want to stay at the resort or simply stop in for some papusas, drinks, and beautiful scenery of Belize. We will DEFINITELY go back to Ak Bol when we return to Belize!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only full service Yoga Center on the Island. Stay nightly (meals and yoga not included in room rate) Join 7 night yoga retreats with meals and yoga included, prices on our retreat schedule. Daily yoga classes open to the public at the end of our pier with mats available. Massage and snorkel trips with Ak'boL guide. We help line up all trips, so you can relax. Come unplug with us! namaste ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ak`Bol Yoga Retreat & Eco Hotel San Pedro
- Ak`Bol Yoga Retreat And Eco-Resort
- Ak'Bol Yoga Retreat & Eco-Resort Belize/San Pedro