“A stand out dive shop” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 75 Activities in San Pedro
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a PADI 5 star Dive shop in San Pedro Town on Ambergris Caye in Belize. We teach scuba diving and certify divers as well as take divers to the reef for daily Diving and Snorkeling adventures.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Francisco, California, United States
“A stand out dive shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Those travelers who have visited San Pedro on Ambergris Caye know that there are literally dive shops every 40 feet along the beach. My wife and I found White Sands through Trip Advisor recommendations. I am certified and my wife and a young friend of ours were getting certified.

The crew at White Sands are great. Some dive shops make you feel like you are being herded through the process. But everyone at White Sands was great and took a personal interest in us. I decided to do a refresher so that I could be with my wife and our friend. Our instructor, Juan Carlos was great. He was thorough and at the same time personable. I learned several things from him that I had not picked up previously in my years of diving. Carlos shepherded the girls through their certification dives in a firm but gentle manner.

Everyone dives in the same places so there is not a lot of distinction between dive shops and sites. But if you are looking for a dive shop that you will enjoy I highly recommend White Sands. The only reason I did not give a 5 star rating is their location. They are one of the last shops to the north end of the inhabited Caye. They do come and pick you up in boat but be prepared for a very bumpy ride.

Visited July 2014
elbertgreer, Owner at White Sands Dive Shop, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank You for the review. We like our little dive shop also.
Being North on the island gives us access to the less visited, more pristine dive sites.
If I had a choice I would slide my little shop even more away from the town's hustle and bustle.
Thanks again for the review.

Krum, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent diving experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was my first official dive after getting NAUI certified and I couldn't have asked for a better dive. Ask for Chino to be your dive master and you won't be disappointed. He is incredibly knowledgable and made sure that I had an exceptional diving experience. The entire morning at Holchan and shark/ray reserve will be difficult to top!

Denver, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
“Overall Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We dove with White Sands in June and had a good experience overall. We took the Hol Chan dive/snorkel trip and while the snorkel part was interesting with all the fish that are attracted to the site, the Hol Chan dive part was not very memorable. Later dives at Sandy Point, Charlie's Reef, and one other were much better. Our rental equipment was in good shape and our dive master ,Raul, was very good. We have mixed reviews on boat captains - one was friendly and nice, the other, well.....not so much.

Visited June 2014
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Top rate place and instructor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had an excellent experience with White Sands Dive Shop and hope to go back and use them again. We got our dive certifications through this shop and would recommend them to anyone. Our instructor Sam was an excellent instructor and mentioned that he has certified over 700 divers in his career. He was very patient and understanding with us, answered every question, and reassured us throughout our certification process. If and when we make it back, we will certainly use them again. Great service, great staff, great company.

Roseburg, OR
8 attraction reviews
“Excellent PADI Dive Shop, and great Dive Master”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Dove with White Sands last year, on three dives. Very professional, and the Dive Master was awesome. Didn't just keep an eye on me, he helped me get my down time advanced with breathing techniques. I doubled my tank time by 3rd tank dive.
Heading back to the island March 2015, and will be diving with these guys again for sure.

Visited September 2013