“Daughters birthday dinner” 4 of 5 stars

+501-226-2859
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 114 restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Latin, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view
Description: Causual, good food right on the beach in the heart of town. Stop by, let the wind whisk away your cares, have a couple of Mojitos and a really good lunch or dinner!
Tavernier, Florida
“Daughters birthday dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We celebrated our daughters 38th birthday here and totally enjoyed our meal. I have dietary allergies and the chef prepared my meal to the T and everyone elses was delicious.

88% Recommend
AZ
“Great Cerviches of any kind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wonderful food. Restaurant is right on the beach with a great atmosphere. Their specialty was all kinds of cerviche combinations. We tried them all. Great service.

Michigan City, Indiana
“Delicious food and nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a very relaxed restaurant. We liked sitting on the porch. We liked the wide variety of smoothies. We tried 6 and loved them all. The quinoa burger was delicious and a welcome vegetarian alternative.

Ft. Worth, TX
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Felt that I had to try them out after reading all the great reviews on TA and I am so glad I did. The food was delicious and I enjoyed sitting along the beach. As I looked around at what others were eating everything looked delicious. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Magnolia, Tx.
“Absolute BEST restaurant in downtown San Pedro, hands down!....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were so impressed with the food at Wild Mango's, we enjoyed dinner here twice while staying at a nearby resort. It doesn't have a lot of tables, so if you're having dinner, best to make reservations in advance. Each time we ate here, all tables were full. Chef Amy Knox has brought a standard that no other beachside restaurant can come close to matching. My husband & I usually order different dishes so we can sample each other's food, and we were glad we did. The food is phenomenal! Our 1st dinner: appetizers were black bean stuffed gordas for me & southwestern egg rolls with creamy cilantro sauce for hubbie. Next, I had mixed green salad with chili-raisin vinaigrette, my husband had roasted chili Caesar salad with romaine lettuce, tortilla strips, tomatoes & quest blanco + roasted poblano Caesar dressing topped with pepita (pumpkin seed) salsa. For main entrees, husband had grilled Jerk chicken with habanero-mint glaze & pineapple-papaya salsa while I had a special of the night: Mayan pork Pibil. It's slow-roasted pork marinated in achiote + sour orange marinade, then roasted in a plantain leaf. It's topped with a Yucatan curtida which is marinated pickled red onion. The table next to ours ordered a specialty of the house, Tequila-flamed shrimp, that they swore was the best thing on the menu, so I ordered it for my appetizer at our 2nd dinner here. Hubbie had the shrimp-stuffed jalapenos which are ultimately fried, then I enjoyed pork loin for my 2nd dinner while my husband had the orange snapper. The sides with each dish are wonderful & the desserts to die for! My husband being the chocoholic he is ordered the Rainforest brownie while I had spiced carrot cake, most of which I had to take home to enjoy for 2 days at our resort. Their signature margaritas are fabulous, and their wine selections superb. Never expected this kind of food or service in Belize, much less on a small island such as Ambergris Caye. The photos I'm posting don't do the food justice, but if just one makes your mouth water, it's worth it to seek out this restaurant for lunch or dinner. We will definitely return to Ambergris because it was much better than we anticipated, and Wild Mango's will warrant at least 3 or more visits from us next time. You can wear beach attire since it's right on the beach, but resort casual is probably more appropriate to match the high quality of service & foods. Thank you, Chef Amy, for 2 memorable experiences that still make my mouth water!

• Visited January 2013