If you're coming with friends, I think that there are other places you can stay in San Pedro or even Caye Caulker for better value and better location. I would advise looking elsewhere.
Below are my thoughts on pros/cons during my stay:
- Nice pier and beach with free kayaks, paddleboards, etc. to use
- Pool was good
- Bad location: all the way at the North of San Pedro; it's a $5USD taxi ride one-way (or $30USD cab ride) to get to main restaurants, bars, nightlife, etc. There are hotels in the main part of San Pedro or on Caye Caulker (a lot more local, low key, big fan of this!) where you can get better value and save on the transportation costs/time
- Bad service with transfer to/fro Airport: My friends and I had really bad experiences with the Tropic Ferry transfers (e.g. long wait time, they got the wrong time for a friend so he nearly missed his flight, etc.) so I would really advise avoiding Tropic Ferry and taking the public ferry on your own. It's not hard and runs fairly frequently -- Caye Caulker Express or Belize Water Taxi can get you to/fro Belize City and San Pedro. Then take Dave's Water Taxi (a private taxi service for $5USD/person with a $25USD min/boat) OR a public water taxi to Ambergris Caye. It's really not hard and you know exactly when you'll get to each location. Plus Tropic Ferry charges you around 2x more than what you'd pay if you took the public ferry. We were not pleased with the service we received here.
- Mediocre service: I thought service was not great. Notable moments were when I asked the receptionist on two occasions if he could help me call the Private Taxi service and he told me both times to go down to the pier myself to talk to the water taxi driver. I was alone (female) and it was dark & windy so I was really hesitant to do so but he insisted it would be hard to hear on the phone with the wind and it was closeby anyway. Frankly, his attitude wasn't great and his service left something to be desired at such a nice resort.
- Unimpressive housekeeping for room: I alled housekeeping at ~10 pm for 2 nights and they were already closed. I then left a message and no one ever got back to me. I understand that this is not a traditional hotel, but I at least would have expected some sort of callback service after normal business hours. The room, which fit 6 people, only had one hairdryer (had to request another one).
- Really bad wireless: There was really bad/nonexistent wi-fi in the rooms even though we were on the ground floor. When I asked, they told me the walls were thick and the routers were outside. So I sat outside in the patio to read my email, which meant I was eaten alive by mosquitoes....even then wifi was spotty.
- No gym: There is no gym, to my awareness...
- Not great restaurant: Food is so-so and cost is on the high side
If you are a couple traveling on your honeymoon, I could see potentially staying here and spending most of your time on the resort or being picked up/off by day tours. However, even then I see the wisdom of staying somewhere more convenient to restaurants. If you are a group of friends traveling, I would definitely recommend looking elsewhere within the main part of San Pedro or Caye Caulker with better location and better value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is a Preferred Boutique Resort and the only member of Preferred Hotel Group in Belize. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro