My husband and I celebrated our honeymoon at Las Terrazas-it was perfect! It was our first trip to Belize, and we were blown away by the level of friendly, professional service. Everywhere! After passing all the resorts north of San Pedro on the boat ride to Las Terrazas, there was no doubt that we picked the best one!
The beaches were raked every morning, and beautifully white, the staff were extremely friendly and the welcome drink upon arrival was great after a long day of traveling. We loved that the dive shop was right next door; we went on 2 snorkeling trips which we highly recommend. Carlos and Jerry were our guides; they were such a blast! And excellent instructors. We took full advantage of the complimentary use of their kayaks, free movie rentals from the gift shop and the pool bar, that opened at 10am. There were also iguanas hanging around the resort that were entertaining to watch.
We stayed in a Garden Villa, steps away from the pool and beach. We absolutely loved the fully furnished unit, it was cozy and inviting with plenty of space (2 bathrooms and a walk-in closet!) We borrowed bikes (they are free for quick trips or around $7/day) and rode to a local market to get some things for the kitchen. We cooked dinner only once because food at the O Restaurant was so tasty. We even had a private beach dinner planned. Manuel discussed the menu with us when we arrived and the next night we enjoyed a wonderful 3 course meal under the stars.
The pool was amazing! And kept at a refreshing temperature. After a dip, we'd return to the beach. There were always beach chairs available for lounging among the palm trees. There was a swimming area off the dock which was nice if you wanted to experience swimming in the warm Caribbean.
The city of San Pedro is about 4 miles south of the resort. We went twice. Once by golf cart (we rented from Las Terrazas) and once by boat taxi. Both very fun experiences! We ate the best pupusas and burrito at Waruguma in town. You must try it!
We were told Las Terrazas was "our home away from home." Between the friendly staff and relaxing environment, it truly was. We had a wonderful, unforgettable experience.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Hotel
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is a Preferred Boutique Resort and the only member of Preferred Hotel Group in Belize. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.