I was in Belize on a business trip the last week of January and had the good fortune to spend a few days at the Las Terrazas Resort on Ambergris Cay. I stayed in a penthouse unit overlooking the ocean. My work takes me around the world to some rather exotic and remote locations and I have seen all sides of “island life”. I can say with an open mind and heart that Las Terrazas and my short but sweet stay has touched my soul.
Keep in mind that I came to Belize and Ambergris Cay to seriously conduct business. However, I left as refreshed and energized as if I were one of the Guests who came here for exactly the opposite! I can only imagine how recharged I would have felt if I joined them. Let me give you some insight from a World Traveler perspective.
In 2012, I made three trips to Brazil spending over two months of the year down there. The service and food of Las Terrazas rivals the richest bistros of Rio or San Paulo. Based in Florida, I thrive in the warmer tropical weather. The warm beaches at Las Terrazas are the cleanest and most inviting I have ever seen. The water was clear as gin and the perfect temperature. Arriving by boat, I had a chance to see the shoreline and get a glimpse of the island community. The “Welcome” started at the dock, carried on to the check-in, continued on for the next three days, and I still felt it as we cast off to catch the plane for home!
The service is the heart-felt attention we got from the staff. The food? Why that could very well be what makes or breaks the deal, right? Well, not to worry, there are no disappointments here! The sight that grabbed me was the “O” restaurant at the end of the long central swimming pool. I have never seen or enjoyed the experience of dining surrounded by water while still on land! Yes! The “O” sits in its own pool of water! With fountain streams coming right out of the wall! How cool is that?! The Food and Circus are a “10 +”! Who would seriously expect this level of Gourmand here? Chef Patrick does not disappoint! To see me is to know I am a connoisseur and my meals at the “O” were an epicurean delight! Try it for yourself and see how right I am.
The layout of the resort made it easy to navigate and the views were fantastic. as a matter of fact I sat in several locations from my room, to the restaurant and pool, then out to the beach and everyplace offered a memorable view. I am a critical traveler and look at details most would overlook. Entering my room the first thing I noticed was the quality of the solid wood door and the hardware. The quality of construction was remarkable and not often found in populated areas, yet alone on an island! The rooms were tastefully decorated and appointed, again not normally the case. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the room was of good size. The unit has a fully furnished "American Sized" kitchen with top quality appliances. Just like home! The TV and cable worked flawlessly and I felt at home. The furniture was solid wood and of high quality. Not the cheap stuff you would expect to find in normal hotels and resorts!
Walking around and getting a feel for Las Terrazas, I continued to examine the details. I actually went looking for flaws and expected to make a list. By the end of day one I found nothing of significance and my overall opinion grew stronger. My mission was business and I needed to get back to work, but I picked up some information to get better acquainted with the property and its potential as a vacation and possibly vacation home. I really enjoyed my stay on Ambergris Cay and Las Terrazas makes me want to return and experience more!
The time was way too short but my next visit will be for pleasure. (My Wife has informed me so! LOL!) I am filled with anticipation to have her experience the same professional World Class hospitality. Las Terrazas made an indelible impression on me and I will carry this experience with me for life!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is a Preferred Boutique Resort and the only member of Preferred Hotel Group in Belize. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro