My family and I (we are a group of 6 adults) spent 5 days at Las Terrazas and could not have had a better time. The hotel is gorgeous and our three bedroom penthouse suite was ideal as it provided plenty of common space but also plenty of privacy. We particularly enjoyed the patio and private plunge pool. The hotel was at full capacity and we felt like we were the only ones there! It was so incredibly relaxing; we felt pampered!
In addition, the hotel's restaurant, "O Restaurant," was excellent. We ate at several other restaurants that were all highly recommended (including Mambo, which we felt was very overrated and just okay), and O Restaurant was by far the best. We had arranged a private dinner on the rooftop for the family and the chef created a fabulous meal...from the planning of the menu, to accommodating a member of the group's severe shellfish allergy, to the attentive and charming waiter, we could not have had a better experience. We ate dinner there the next night (from the regular a la carte menu) and we again thrilled. We live in Manhattan and I have very high standards for what I will consider delicious, and the quality of food at O was certainly a great surprise! Breakfasts by the pool were also lovely.
The hotel concierge also put together a private snorkeling excursion for us one day and a private guided tour of Lamanai ruins on the mainland. We loved all of our guides. They were extremely informative and we felt safe at all times (even when we snorkeled with sharks - albeit nurse sharks).
My parents, who are both in their 60s, were so in love with the place that they looked into buying a condo there!
I can't speak highly enough of this property!! If you are looking to be pampered and to feel like you are a million miles away from all stress, this is the place for you!
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Hotel
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is a Preferred Boutique Resort and the only member of Preferred Hotel Group in Belize. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.