I just spent four days at Las Terrazas for a destination wedding. I can see why the couple picked it -- the service was out of this world and the setting could not have been more perfect. The Las Terrazas staff was top notch and it felt like we were in paradise. Our biggest decision of the day was usually do we set up poolside or down near the beach.
We stayed in a three bedroom unit that was very spacious and had all of the amenities you could need including a full kitchen, washer and dryer, internet, flat screen TVs. The decor is modern and the beds were super comfortable.
The wedding was set up on the beach and following the ceremony we had a fun cocktail hour and delicious dinner (with lobster!). Everyone commented that it was not typical wedding food and for that we were pleasantly surprised. After dinner, we had a few more Belikins, rum punch, tequila shots and ended up dancing the night away, barefeet on the sand, under the stars. Such a fabulous celebration!
The resort is a bit out of the way but on-site there are kayaks, paddleboards and Hobie cats that you can use for free and you can rent bikes so that you can ride into San Pedro if you are looking for a little more bustle. You can also snorkel in a roped off area in front of the Las Terrazas beach. While the food at the resort is good, we walked along the beach for 15 minutes or so, to Capricorn, an oceanside cafe for lunch (heard they have good breakfast too) and then another 15-20 minutes from there to Palapas. The staff would also arrange water taxis as well so you are definitely not stuck though we were happy to enjoy the beautiful resort.
A lot of us enjoyed spa treatments at some point over the course of the wedding weekend. I had a deep tissue massage and thought it was wonderful. The actual treatment space is fairly simple, not what I had envisioned for such a nice resort, but they did say that you could get massages on the beach or in-room (I opted out of the beach because there were some bugs and in-room because of my fellow travelers). The other girls had mixed reviews on the mani/pedis but one friend had the coconut oil scrub and she loved it.
Three minutes away is White Sands Dive Shop - they organize scuba diving outings as well as snorkel trips. I finished my PADI open water certification with White Sands and would highly recommend whole-heartedly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is a Preferred Boutique Resort and the only member of Preferred Hotel Group in Belize. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro