“Las Terrazas, Ambergris Caye” 5 of 5 stars

Las Terrazas Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Barrier Reef Drive, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Ranked #14 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Torrance, California
“Las Terrazas, Ambergris Caye”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I spent a week at Las Terrazas. We were there with about 40 wedding guests, and had a fabulous time. Both the wedding and reception were on the beach, and were beautiful and well-run. The staff and accommodations are elegant and efficient. They set up our transportation to and from the airport, as well as our tours and water taxis. The resort is a little remote, but they offer on-site kayaking, snorkling, and sailing equipment. While the food at the resort is very good, If you want to bike or walk along the beach, it's about a mile to the Capricorn restaurant (great breakfast or lunch), about 3 miles to the Palapas Bar (super fun bar with really good snacks), or about 4 miles to San Pedro city (shopping and a great lobster burrito place). We had an unbelievable vacation, and November was a perfect time to visit. Thanks Las Terrazas!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I recently had my wedding at Las Terrazas. Planning a destination wedding can be difficult if you haven't been to the resort but I felt that my background in planning events help. Even if it wasn't, you can trust the staff at the resort will exceed your expectations. I had a vision it would go well but the customer service is remarkable. My wedding was beyond what I dreamt of and it's thanks to the staff at the resort that made our stay and wedding more than amazing. Besides the resort itself being clean, modern and comfortable; the food is really good. Don't fret because there's only one restaurant. There are options and if you see something that's not there just ask. The chef is very hands on and will work with you. All my family and friends had an amazing time and a perfect time! I can't wait to plan a reunion and already planning my next trip back.

• Stayed October 2012
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We visited to attend a wedding. The facilities were spectacular and the service was wonderful. The staff went out of their way to attend our every need. You couldn't expect any better treatment. The food was great and the pool was beautiful. The wedding, the grounds and the service was all one could expect. Nigel was great too....

Room Tip: All of the rooms were beautiful especially the poolside rooms.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had an AMAZING time. The staff was fabulous, especially the wait staff at the restaurant "O". (Jessica was our favorite!) We got a chance to visit a couple of the other resorts in the area, and I must say I was most happy with the size of Las Terrazas. It is smaller compared to some of the other properties, and much more personal. Every morning we were greeted by our names and they knew our breakfast order down pat.

Pool was BEAUTIFUL and we spent most of our time there. There is a dive shop next door which is where we departed for our snorkeling tour, which was very convenient.

I went with 5 other young ladies and had a blast. Can't wait to re-book for next year.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

What a great resort! We had a fantastic time and the place was amazing but the staff made it even more of a great vacation. We went for a friends wedding and got to also enjoy some relaxing time. I would highly recommend this resort for vacation or even a destination wedding. It was awesome!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We recently stayed 5 night at this beautiful resort. I spend a far amount of time researching the best place to stay for our personal vacation. My husband spends quite a bit time traveling all over the world for business so I want our personal vacation to be memorable. Last year we stayed at the St Regis in Kauai, prior to that Caneel Bay, St Johns and Ritz Carlton, St Thomas, etc. He was thrilled with my choice of this outstanding place to relax and enjoy the island life with luxurious amenities. I did book the package (with Lorraine, reservations) including transfers from the main airport in Belize. Our flight arrived early from the states and Tropic Air put us on an earlier flight to San Pedro. Las Terrazas was on top of things and picked us up (even though we were an hour early) put us in their boat for transport to the resort. Not a minute was lost. Upon arriving at the resort, staff was on the dock to take our luggage to our Seahouse (a waterfront accommodation) while we checked in. Everything was handled for us and information explained to us about the property and amenities at check in. The Seahouse had magnificent water views as the downstairs has all glass sliding doors. Everything was exactly as shown in the picture beautifully decorated and accessorized. The beach area was meticulously maintained each day (some resorts are not). The resort provides areas of shade under it's canopied lounges or palm trees which I found unique to this resort. The staff was extremely friendly and would go out of their way to offer suggestions to make your stay great. It is not often you encounter such warm and personalized service. The food was excellent and they offered it poolside, restaurant or as room service. I did book the chefs special dinner in our package which was an outstanding surprise. I meet with the chef to tell him our food preferences in advance.He created a delicious 4 course dinner for us. It's presentation was out of a magazine and the ingredients were always the freshest. There was NOT one disappointment during our stay. The day before our departure they had a packet ready for me with departure times, flight info, and bill. This was a time saver for me. All in all, it was money well spent and most importantly time well spent. Belize is a beautiful country with beautiful people.

Room Tip: The seahouses are worth the money but all the room seemed to have private outdoor space and similar...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LasTerrazasTeam, Director of Sales at Las Terrazas Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We appreciate that you took the time to provide your positive experience with Las Terrazas Resort on Trip Advisor ... and additionally, with all of the locations to choose from while visiting Ambergris Caye, you selected Las Terrazas. Many of our guests also have great things to say about our staff and our Chef; all of which we pass on to them. The private dinner on the beach is a popular addition to a reservation and as you mentioned, is executed extremely well. We do hope you select Las Terrazas again for a future trip and if so, please contact me personally for assistance.

Regards,

Carolyn Stone
Director of Sales
Las Terrazas Resort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I along with another couple just stayed in this resort about 10 days ago and we didn't want to leave!!! Las Terrazas employees were very attentive to our every need and we loved the peaceful nature of our surroundings. The pool is absolutely amazing and we had nothing but positive experiences during our entire trip. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who enjoys relaxing by the pool and is looking for a place that makes you feel very welcome. While we had to stay a few extra days because of a hurricane disrupting our flights, the staff made every effort to assist us in altering our travel plans. This is definitely a great vacation spot!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Las Terrazas Resort? Share your experiences!