I vacationed with my wife, 5 year-old daughter, and in-laws for 7 days in April and thoroughly enjoyed the visit. We returned tanned, well-fed and rested. The location is spectacular and really caters to those who enjoy snorkeling, scuba, sailing, kayaking, etc. If you simply want to lie on the beach, I would not suggest Ambergris due to the sea grass immediately offshore. The staff was welcoming, attentive and very professional. Manuel at the front desk answered our questions and impressed me with his dedication to friendly and thorough service. We had some initial problems with the a/c and ice maker, and these were immediately addressed. We took advantage of the spa services multiple times and were fully satisfied...Mel did a fantastic job! Note that the resort does not have a spa per se (no hot tub, sauna, relaxation rooms, etc.), but it does offer a full spa menu. Food at the restaurant was high quality & delicious and we dined there several nights. Before arriving we arranged for grocery delivery through Mata Grande Grocery, and so our place was fully stocked when we walked in; if you are staying more than a few days, I highly recommend this service. As the resort is not bargain-basement, don't expect to pay budget prices for cocktails and dining; you can eat & drink on a budget in town, but will need to take a water taxi to get there. Housekeeping was very friendly and outgoing, and having a washer/dryer available in the units was a plus. Overall a memorable visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest luxury properties on the island of Ambergris Caye, Las Terrazas is a Preferred Boutique Resort and the only member of Preferred Hotel Group in Belize. Located just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro, Las Terrazas Resort invites you to experience exceptional, spacious townhome-style accommodations and gracious Belizean hospitality at our oceanfront retreat. Situated on one of the most beautiful and secluded private beaches, our Ambergris Caye resort is an exhilarating tropical playground where you can discover Belize; "Mother Nature's best kept secret." Experience world class attractions such as diving and snorkeling, the lavish Serenity Spa and Wellness Center, fishing, zip lining and cave tubing, Mayan Ruins, or relaxing on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Las Terrazas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Terrazas Hotel San Pedro
- Las Terrazas Resort Belize/San Pedro