I have traveled extensively throughout the world, the Caribbean and Bahamas having fun and looking for investment properties. I recently left Nassau after issues didn't work out. It was the best thing that didn't work out for me now in retrospect.
Coco Beach Resort and Hotel on Ambergris Caye are unique, diverse and offer anything you might want.
I am a bit prejudiced regarding Coco Beach Resort. I arrived for only a few days and stayed for nearly 60 days, much to the amusement of the staff.
There are beautiful reefs, caves, jungles, lagoons and a beautiful quaint cobblestone lined group of streets in the main, (Only) town, San Pedro.. Great restaurants for everyone's budget and taste, most overlooking the ocean. When is the last time you sat at a dinner table and had a 4 foot long Tarpon fish grab a small offering of sardine while leaping out of the water? Crazy fun.
The people are all wonderful. Travel is by golf cart, (An insanely great fun adventure)down a back road, or water taxi's which stop at every dock when you switch a light on indicating that you need a ride 'somewhere'? All are great fun.
The diving, snorkeling or just swimming in the huge pools with rocks to dive off of are insanely fun along with an interior rock slide that throws you into the deep pool at rocket speed. You don't really need to even leave the resort. There are several good restaurants within walking distance or by water taxi.
The rooms are impeccable with new stainless steel appliances, great beds, ( I say "beds" because I was moved 4 or 5 times due to the length of my stay. All upgrades! The rooms are all done with native hardwoods, mahogony and more. Air conditioning is TOO great and fans are everywhere. You will not find more beautiful showers anywhere. All custom made.
From day one everyone knew me by my first name. As I staggered from my Casita early in the morning to jump into the pool someone would happily say, "Good morning Mr. Mark". I'd just glare at them and wonder why they were so darn cheerful at that hour. Perhaps they hadn't been at the pool bar the night before?
Housekeeping personel were fantastic each day. The dishes are cleaned and stored, all towels are replaced daily as is your bedding. Floors and patios all mopped and cleaned.
Finally about the 'other' staff. What a mess. Mikey who provides horrible tricks daily at the bar.( I taught him a few), Joseph "Will Smith", Enrique the quiet professional who kept stealing my girlfriends. Leon ....All great guys......breakfast is the 'Dirty Banana'. It's a must at any hour and not to be missed.
To the beautiful Tania who runs the bar, what can I say? Not much. Fernando would kick my butt. What a great couple. I hope to be there for their wedding.
This is a first class resort with great guests and staff. I made many friends and am still in touch with them. Oregon, Texas, Arizona, Las Vegas and more. (I'm from San Diego). We are all trading email and photos.
I will be back in December for Christmas and New Years. As a side note; Mikey you WILL end up in the pool this time. You're a quick little dude but we'll get you this time.
I would be remiss if I didn't mention Eric the General Manager, Jane, (I don't know what the heck she does), but she does it well, Actually I think she runs the whole place.
Eric, thank you for all of your help along with Doug's. (I still have my Passport).
Eric is the consumate GM of a group of resorts, accomodating all of the guests regardless of them being a pain. (Me) You became a true friend and we shared some very fun times.
Laraina and all of the staff that treats everyone so well, again I can't thank them all.. We had a lot of fun. Oh I almost forgot Scott, "Hi Honey".... and also Don who banged on my door each morning because I'd unplugged my phone unnecessarily for Internet service which worked great by the way, wireless or wired. It's always nice to be woken each day while you are on holiday by an IT guy checking on your phone? Like I'm expecting calls? (Hang in there Don, you were a big help to me)
Karina you were wonderful and a pleasure to harrass daily.
If I missed anyone I apologize. I didn't meet anyone that was less than wonderful and professional.
Mayor of the Dock ~ (Someone named me that as each evening we'd all go to the end of a 100 foot dock, lay on our backs have cocktails and gaze at the amazing star shows and tell lies)
Bye for now,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fabulous Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye in Belize. Our beachfront resort is just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town. The resort provides complimentary water taxi shuttle from San Pedro airport to the property. A short boat ride, bicycle ride or golf cart ride back to town will get you to the shops and restaurants located in the town center. A Belize vacation in paradise is the ideal therapy for those who just want to get away from it all! The weather in Belize is ideal. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, Hammocks and the most incredible swimming pool on the island. Coco Beach offers luxurious accommodations in a quaint environment. Coco Beach offers numerous activities including diving, fishing, day tours, volleyball, sailing, kayaking and much more! Plus there is an outside Coco Cafe Providing fresh pastries goodies and specialty coffee as well as quick lunch options. The Coco Cabana Pool Bar features a swim up bar, snacks and a selection of specialty drinks. Coco Beach Resort is the right choice for your Barefoot Vacation in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Amex, BookingOdigeoWL and Agoda so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro