We recently returned from our first trip to Belize where we stayed at Coco Beach Resort on Ambergris Caye with family. What an incredible experience - from the reception we received from staff (Rico who met us as we arrived at the water taxi dock and Erwin who came to say goodbye at the dock when we left at the end of our stay). The condominium was beautiful with a large balcony for lounging or dining. The furniture, appliances, kitchen supplies, bedding -- all excellent quality giving us the feeling of being in a 5 star resort (if that's the highest score you can give). The pool is beautifully maintained, and the landscaping is a delight.
The attention from staff at Coco Beach was wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble, from maintenance showing up at 9pm to fix an electrical problem, to organizing our transportation to and from Ambergris Caye.
There are superb restaurants within walking distance of Coco Beach, among them Capricorn, a 10 minute walk along the beach from our resort and Rojo - a bit further in the other direction, but well worth the walk (or ride in the "car" of choice - a golf cart).
Coco Beach Resort is currently constructing a hotel and restaurant, which if the other properties on the resort are anything to go by, will be first class.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone considering a vacation on Ambergris Caye.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fabulous Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye in Belize. Our beachfront resort is just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town. The resort provides complimentary water taxi shuttle from San Pedro airport to the property. A short boat ride, bicycle ride or golf cart ride back to town will get you to the shops and restaurants located in the town center. A Belize vacation in paradise is the ideal therapy for those who just want to get away from it all! The weather in Belize is ideal. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, Hammocks and the most incredible swimming pool on the island. Coco Beach offers luxurious accommodations in a quaint environment. Coco Beach offers numerous activities including diving, fishing, day tours, volleyball, sailing, kayaking and much more! Plus there is an outside Coco Cafe Providing fresh pastries goodies and specialty coffee as well as quick lunch options. The Coco Cabana Pool Bar features a swim up bar, snacks and a selection of specialty drinks. Coco Beach Resort is the right choice for your Barefoot Vacation in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro