My husband and I recently returned from a two week vacation at Coco Beach with our daughter and my parents. Having really explored Ambergris Caye, I feel confident saying that Coco Beach is setting a new standard for vacation properties on the island. Here's what you need to know: You will be picked up at the airport and escorted via water taxi straight to the resort. This is not your average hotel. Each unit is a large condo on the beach. Everything is brand new, spotless and high-end. As others have said, the pool is the best on the island. It is huge, beautifully landscaped and never crowded. We booked two excursions (snorkeling and a visit to the ruins on the main land) through the Tuff-E-Nuff activities desk on site. It's hassle free, and priced on par with the other companies in town. Speaking of town, best thing to do is buy a pass for the Tuff-E-Nuff water taxi which runs an express service into and back from town all day/night. (The other taxis are not express). It pays for itself quickly (40 dollar pass for the week). Whenever we asked for something to be taken care of, it was as if someone waved a magic wand. Our a/c died one night, no problem - someone from maintenance came to fix it right away. And even though we were there over Christmas and New Year it was no problem getting massages/pedicures etc. in our room. They were booked in the morning, and we were set to go that day. Another big plus is the choice of restaurants in the area. You can go into town and go to any number of reasonably priced places, but Coco is also within walking distance of some of the best restaurants in the country, Capricorn and RoJo Lounge were two we ate at - both amazing. There's also the Upper Deck at the sister resort, Belizean Shores, mere steps away. You can also buy groceries (or have them delivered) as the kitchens are extremely well stocked for cooking in the condo. There is some construction work going on at the back of the resort as other reviewers have mentioned. From what I saw, the second pool is going to be awesome - it's deeper, than the first pool and will have a slide. They are building a small hotel and a restaurant of their own too. These new amenities are going to put this place in a class of its own - like I said, six stars. This is our third visit to Belize - our first at Coco Beach. We will never stay anywhere else. The service and amenities will keep us coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fabulous Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye in Belize. Our beachfront resort is just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town. The resort provides complimentary water taxi shuttle from San Pedro airport to the property. A short boat ride, bicycle ride or golf cart ride back to town will get you to the shops and restaurants located in the town center. A Belize vacation in paradise is the ideal therapy for those who just want to get away from it all! The weather in Belize is ideal. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, Hammocks and the most incredible swimming pool on the island. Coco Beach offers luxurious accommodations in a quaint environment. Coco Beach offers numerous activities including diving, fishing, day tours, volleyball, sailing, kayaking and much more! Plus there is an outside Coco Cafe Providing fresh pastries goodies and specialty coffee as well as quick lunch options. The Coco Cabana Pool Bar features a swim up bar, snacks and a selection of specialty drinks. Coco Beach Resort is the right choice for your Barefoot Vacation in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro