We read the reviews about Coco Beach before we stayed there and were happy with our choice. The resort is still a work in progress with construction going on behind the main rooms, but they were very respectful with the construction so it wasn't an issue. There is no restaurant on site (will be done in November) but the restaurant next door is really close and the bar has a reasonably full menu (food is sent over from the restaurant next door). We also ordered pizza from in town several times after long days in the water -- it was incredibly good and they deliver to the hotel (they have teenage boys that actually bike the pizza up the coast from San Pedro).
The hotel will arrange pick-up and drop-off in San Pedro via water taxi. Just let them know how you're arriving (air or water) and they'll make sure you're taken care of.
You have full access to the sister hotel next door for their pool but Coco Beach's pool is really nice and is the largest we saw on the island. The swim up bar is great, but the service is incredibly slow unless you get the female bartender who rocks -- the guys were slow even when you were the only person at the bar.
The hotel does not have its own dock yet (they were building it while we were there) but the sister hotel does and it is close by. We went on several trips with the tour shop at the dock -- the BBQ/snorkel trip was fantastic with Elias as the guide but we had a trip to Hol Chan and Shark Ray alley that was not so great because the guide was in a major hurry even though we were the only people on the tour. Take the tour to Bacalar Chico (not offered through this resort) if you have time because the snorkeling in that trip is great and it is cool to see the channel.
My husband and I are divers and the rest of our group snorkel. The resort booked a trip to the Blue Hole for my husband and me. It was a fantastic trip -- 3 dives in one day with the first being at the Blue Hole. I almost didn't go because I didn't think diving the Blue Hole would be that great (it is just a hole in the reef after all), but the stalagtites and stalagmites at depth are incredible and we shared the dive with several white reef sharks. We also booked a diving trip from the resort that took us out just beyond the reef -- I wouldn't recommend that one so much because visibility wasn't as good and there wasn't much to see.
Service at the hotel was slow. There were six of us in a 2 bedroom suite (kids slept on the sofabed) and they seemed to have a problem keeping our toilet paper stocked and the office kept running out of coffee and creamer. The room was beautiful though, wood trim and spacious with a great view of the ocean and a balcony overlooking the pool. We also had a full kitchen and basic dishes, dishwasher, full size refrigerator, etc.
Overall the annoyances were minor and we loved our stay. The food at the restaurant was wonderful even if service was Belizean. The view from the rooms was great, the quality and condition of the rooms was incredible, and we really enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fabulous Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye in Belize. Our beachfront resort is just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town. The resort provides complimentary water taxi shuttle from San Pedro airport to the property. A short boat ride, bicycle ride or golf cart ride back to town will get you to the shops and restaurants located in the town center. A Belize vacation in paradise is the ideal therapy for those who just want to get away from it all! The weather in Belize is ideal. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, Hammocks and the most incredible swimming pool on the island. Coco Beach offers luxurious accommodations in a quaint environment. Coco Beach offers numerous activities including diving, fishing, day tours, volleyball, sailing, kayaking and much more! Plus there is an outside Coco Cafe Providing fresh pastries goodies and specialty coffee as well as quick lunch options. The Coco Cabana Pool Bar features a swim up bar, snacks and a selection of specialty drinks. Coco Beach Resort is the right choice for your Barefoot Vacation in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro