We arrived in San Pedro after spending a week on another island, as close to roughing it that I will ever get. We rented a golf cart right by the airport instead of taking a water taxi to the Coco Beach dock. We thought we would like to see the island from the road. You don't need to see Ambergris Caye from the "road". Because of the extra long rainy season, the roads have not yet been repaired. Very bumpy ride, we had to stop to be able to drink our beer! I would suggest taking the water taxi. The resort managers and staff meet you on the dock to retrieve luggage and give you the lowdown on the resort. They have an extremely efficient system to get you to your room and relaxed asap. Actually, the whole resort is extremely well planned. We had a room by the pool with the giant rock/slide/platform. Around the edges of the pool are crescents about a foot deep, with lounge chairs in them. As you head out towards the pool bar/restraunt and beach, the path is lined with one of my favorite plants, crotons, in groupings with palms. The landscaping just flows through the grounds and along the pool. Some decks of the pool are arranged to provide privacy, with other areas for gatherings. We sat by the pool and watched all the going-ons in the ocean. We were there during a full moon which provided plenty of light for a late night stroll. The beach is used as a trail (instead of the road), for people going to and from work, so you do need to be aware of your surroundings. We loved our stay at Coco Beach, and would definitely stay there again!
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach Hotel
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fabulous Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye in Belize. Our beachfront resort is just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town. The resort provides complimentary water taxi shuttle from San Pedro airport to the property. A short boat ride, bicycle ride or golf cart ride back to town will get you to the shops and restaurants located in the town center. A Belize vacation in paradise is the ideal therapy for those who just want to get away from it all! The weather in Belize is ideal. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, Hammocks and the most incredible swimming pool on the island. Coco Beach offers luxurious accommodations in a quaint environment. Coco Beach offers numerous activities including diving, fishing, day tours, volleyball, sailing, kayaking and much more! Plus there is an outside Coco Cafe Providing fresh pastries goodies and specialty coffee as well as quick lunch options. The Coco Cabana Pool Bar features a swim up bar, snacks and a selection of specialty drinks. Coco Beach Resort is the right choice for your Barefoot Vacation in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.