I'm going to leave a love-hate review. I can be a finicky traveler and like clean accommodations. In an under developed country, I know my standards can be limited. This hotel is very nice. The staff is great. The restaurant is very nice, very good food, but limited basically to dinner (pretty expensive). The amenities are wonderful - Tuff ENuff tours, massage options, poolside service, etc. We picked this resort since it has a full kitchen - but grocery shopping is extremely limited nearby. So, it made the kitchen not useable except for coffee and potato chips.
My bigger concerns with the hotel is the beach is non-existent. The sea grass is too high to get into the water - not that you would want to due to the filth, garbage and pollution at the edge. Next door to the resort there is one new resort under construction and the other is a hideous abandoned location that looks like a slum. The power was frequently out (helps to keep cheese and sour cream refrigerated). We had a water main break for 5 hours one day (simply perfect after a full day of diving). We even had a hotel sponsored water taxi that nearly sank because one of the captains forgot to look to see if the plugs were replaced after a fishing excursion. Luckily there are MANY docks to pull over too, but with 26 people on an overcrowded boat in the first place, was a little un-nerving.
Again, I will say, the hotel is very nice. An oasis in the midst of a mini Tijuana type city. If you like this type of vacation, this resort may be for you. I hope you are smarter than I am and take Imodium during your stay. Our trip is still ‘sticking with me’.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fabulous Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye in Belize. Our beachfront resort is just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town. The resort provides complimentary water taxi shuttle from San Pedro airport to the property. A short boat ride, bicycle ride or golf cart ride back to town will get you to the shops and restaurants located in the town center. A Belize vacation in paradise is the ideal therapy for those who just want to get away from it all! The weather in Belize is ideal. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, Hammocks and the most incredible swimming pool on the island. Coco Beach offers luxurious accommodations in a quaint environment. Coco Beach offers numerous activities including diving, fishing, day tours, volleyball, sailing, kayaking and much more! Plus there is an outside Coco Cafe Providing fresh pastries goodies and specialty coffee as well as quick lunch options. The Coco Cabana Pool Bar features a swim up bar, snacks and a selection of specialty drinks. Coco Beach Resort is the right choice for your Barefoot Vacation in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro