We just got back from Coco Beach, great resort, pools are very nicely designed, swim up bar in the shade was great. We were in the two room suites at the rear of the property, full kitchen, loved the blender for cocktails. Nick the site manager greeted us at the resort dock. Walked us to the lobby, checked in and walked us over to our suite. Stunning views! WOW!
We walked over to Captain Morgan's store for breakfast stuff our second day there. Not used to their milk or eggs, but we made our toast and coffee daily. We asked for more creamer from front desk and they can sell you a packet, so it would be easier to just buy a container at the market. We purchased a case of their Belikan beer for $40.30 USD just had to leave an $8 deposit for bottles. The Captain Morgan's store staff even got us a ride back with our case of beer! Nice!
Overall AMAZING place. Milton, Michael, Deon and Joe were at the bar every day, saying hello by name when we walked by, ready with a beer as we sat down.
Larry the pool guy I believe was THE best staff person. He had the same personality as the bartenders but he went a step further to address any need we had poolside. Brought towels, moved umbrellas and ALWAYS with a huge smile. Just a really happy person.
It would be wonderful if the front lobby staff caught some of Larry's energy. They were unfriendly almost, every time we went into the lobby it felt as we were bothering them, not once or twice but every time. At other resorts or hotels you feel welcomed by lobby staff, smile on their face and asking what they can do to improve your visit. That was just not the case when we went into the lobby. No one was down right rude, just unfriendly.
Few helpful hints, front office shared two days into our trip that guests can use the phone to make calls for free using Vonage. (Would have been nice to know so we could have checked in with the family that we had arrived safely.)
Instead of paying $6 per trip for water taxi, we paid $30 USD charged to our room for unlimited trips.
It would have been nice to hear from the resort staff that there are weekly events going on. Tuesdays Captain Morgans has street vendors come to their facility with music and food for purchase.
Wednesday's the sister resort Belizean Shores next door has an event with music and food for purchase.
Few small things, but overall the facility was amazing, pools and areas surroundings were absolutely immaculate.
Did NOT care for food at Shells next door.
Finally the resort has been saying they will have a restaurant, but everyone we spoke with NOT staff said that seems like it will never happen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fabulous Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye in Belize. Our beachfront resort is just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town. The resort provides complimentary water taxi shuttle from San Pedro airport to the property. A short boat ride, bicycle ride or golf cart ride back to town will get you to the shops and restaurants located in the town center. A Belize vacation in paradise is the ideal therapy for those who just want to get away from it all! The weather in Belize is ideal. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, Hammocks and the most incredible swimming pool on the island. Coco Beach offers luxurious accommodations in a quaint environment. Coco Beach offers numerous activities including diving, fishing, day tours, volleyball, sailing, kayaking and much more! Plus there is an outside Coco Cafe Providing fresh pastries goodies and specialty coffee as well as quick lunch options. The Coco Cabana Pool Bar features a swim up bar, snacks and a selection of specialty drinks. Coco Beach Resort is the right choice for your Barefoot Vacation in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Agoda, Hotels.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro