I had been to Belize last year when I got engaged. Right away I knew I wanted to come back. I did a lot of research and found Coco Beach Resort. I emailed and got prompt and enthusiastic responses. I made the plunge to have the wedding at Coco Beach with 13 of our closest friends and family. WHAT A GREAT CHOICE! First, all communication was easy and very polite. I know that I asked many questions and had tons of emails back and forth to the wedding coordinator Melany, who was always polite and more that happy to answer my questions along with questions from friends and family. Esmi who also helped with wedding plans and the wedding day was nothing but smiles every time I saw her. We had plans down to small details covered (even though I do not consider myself OCD or very picky), non the less nothing I asked was every impossible for them to help me with. We reached the resort and was promptly greeted, shown the resort and room and left to our devices. The next day we went over our wedding plans and that was it! If I had any questions through out the stay they were always happy to help. Staff at the resort gets a 100 in my book. I work at a retailer who is known for being the best at customer service and the staff at the resort was WONDERFUL. Joe, Deon, and Milton at the pool bar ALWAYS had a smile on their face and was ALWAYS happy to see you. They learned our names and how we were all related and part of the group. Nick the operations manager was always happy to help and tell you where the best places in town were to eat( if you did not eat at the resort).
Always on site was a representative from Tuff-E-Nuff tours. They had daily specials on excursions and was always willing to put something together that would accommodate you, never you accommodating to their time.We went snorkeling to the reef and the shark/ray alley, MUST DO THIS! This excursion was wonderful. My husband went diving and had the "best dive ever". The boys of the group also went deep sea fishing. We rented golf carts and went into town to buy groceries and visit local restaurants and shops. The road to town is HORRIBLE. But I would rather take a cart and go at anytime then have to wait for a water taxi.
We went during the off season and will NEVER go during busy season. Rates are cheaper and weather is just the same. It rained one morning and was done by 9 a.m.
The rooms where magnificent! WOW! They are done so tasteful and relaxing anywhere on the resort.(many of my guests had different kinds of rooms and they were all wonderful).
There are two pools on the resort, one 10ft with slide and jumping area(we had a blast on the slide) and a shallow pool that had a volleyball net and connected to the swim up bar.
The only down side is that it is not an all inclusive so you pay separate for the drinks and meals. I still would be more than happy to come back again!
I do warn whoever decides to visit, you will have severe depression when you come home, you will want to be back at the resort enjoying you morning beverage (or any beverage for that matter) on the patio or on the stool of the pool bar wishing you were still there.
Also, DO NOT TAKE THE WATER TAXI TO/FROM THE AIRPORT. The water taxi is a grooling 1.5 hour ride when the plane ride (in a puddle jumper) is only 17 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fabulous Coco Beach Resort is located on the island of Ambergris Caye in Belize. Our beachfront resort is just 3.5 miles north of San Pedro Town. The resort provides complimentary water taxi shuttle from San Pedro airport to the property. A short boat ride, bicycle ride or golf cart ride back to town will get you to the shops and restaurants located in the town center. A Belize vacation in paradise is the ideal therapy for those who just want to get away from it all! The weather in Belize is ideal. Resort guests can expect a subtropical climate, Palm trees, Coconuts, Hammocks and the most incredible swimming pool on the island. Coco Beach offers luxurious accommodations in a quaint environment. Coco Beach offers numerous activities including diving, fishing, day tours, volleyball, sailing, kayaking and much more! Plus there is an outside Coco Cafe Providing fresh pastries goodies and specialty coffee as well as quick lunch options. The Coco Cabana Pool Bar features a swim up bar, snacks and a selection of specialty drinks. Coco Beach Resort is the right choice for your Barefoot Vacation in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Coco Beach San Pedro
- Coco Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro