“Professional, curtious and most importantly experienced dive shop” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Reef Adventures Belize

Reef Adventures Belize
| Wet Willy's Dock, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize
+501 226-2538
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: REEF ADVENTURES, a PADI dive shop operated by co-owner PADI Dive Instructor Ched Cabral, has been providing diving, dive instruction/certification, snorkeling and many excursions for over 14 years in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize, Central America. We take you out in smaller boats with personal attention and show you the best of the local coral reef. Lodging/dive and other activity packages are available at discounted rates through Cap'n Ron and the US office.
New York City, New York
“Professional, curtious and most importantly experienced dive shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Reef Adventures came recommended to us and we were very pleased with it. I am an experienced diver with over 70 dives and Joe was getting his certification for the first time. They were professional and experienced and knew the dive sites well. We had a great time with them and would recommend these guys for a personal feel while diving (you will see there are A LOT of dive shops in San Pedro)

Our only complaint if there was one, was that because Reef Adventures was so busy when we were there during peak season, when Joe was getting certified, they had to hire a freelance instructor to teach Joe and he was a little all over the place and even brought his friends kids out with us one day to "try scuba diving" while Joe was being tested on his scuba skills. We were not thrilled about this, but they were certifying Joe last minute and squeezing us in, so we are happy and would absolutely recommend these guys.

Visited December 2012

Austin, Texas
19 attraction reviews
“Great trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our group of 11 wanted to take a boat ride up north to see the resorts from the water and we wanted to snorkel a bit. This company did this for us. A couple other companies would not because they have a set schedule. Reef Adventures supplied a cooler of water and some pineapple - very refreshing. We asked for another cooler to bring our own drinks too and they obliged. The snorkeling equipment was pretty new looking, not old and worn as we have seen before. The two guys working the boat were very pleasant and knowledgable. The prices were the same as other places but we received a customized trip.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
16 attraction reviews
“Excellent service and instruction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am a rookie diver with only 12 dives, having been certified only 5 or 6 years ago. I haven't been on a dive for 2 years so I was a little nervous. This shop specializes in smaller groups and personalized service, and they didn't disappoint. There were only 3 of us diving the morning I was signed up (sign up online and get a discount for multiple dives) and since the other 2 were on dives the previous couple days, the dive master, "E" for short, spent plenty of time working with me on the dock. It was a refresher course on the equipment and set up. We went over everything and he made me set up my rental gear on the tank to make sure I remembered how, and gently corrected any mistakes and showed me how to do it right. I appreciated the help and felt much more comfy. E and Mike the driver were very helpful getting the equipment on when we were out there. We dove Tackle Box on the first dive, going to 80 feet into canyons and swim throughs and spent our surface interval back on the dock, which was nice for using the facilities. Only two of us were doing the second tank dive, but they took us out anyway. We didn't go as deep and so were down longer. On both dives, we went up very slowly and spent over 3 minutes at 15-20 feet which is more than adequate but added a measure of safety and level of calm.
I forgot the rental prices were in U.S. dollars so didn't bring enough, but Chad said "no problem Mon, just bring it to your next dive" which was in 2 days.
It was very rough that day so they cancelled all dives (all the shops did) but they had some snorkle excursions going out. Chad called me that morning to let me know. We agreed to have me go on the snorkle 2 stop for no charge (I already paid the discounted dive before the trip) and not to charge the $20 equipment fee I still owed, so it was a wash or close enough. Mike came to pick me up from my hotel dock again, and by the time we got back to the shop the other party had and emergency and had to cancel the snorkle trip. Mike took me out anyway, and the two of us had a good time. I found a Lobster for him to snag for lunch and he let me stay in the water on both stops as long as I wanted. Mexico Rocks was our 1st stop, and Tres Coconuts was the second. which had very different coral called Elk Horn, which you'll know why when you see it.
All in all, a great experience with Reef Adventures, very nice helpful staff, and I would recommend them to anyone, esp. rookies like me. Thanks E and Mike and Chad for a great time.

Whitby, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Great guys and great fun!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I spent alot of time researching who we would dive with in Belize and came up with Reef Adventures. Cap'n Ron responded quickly when I e-mailed him and set up a great custom package for us. We were a group of seven, but only 4 are divers. They were alot of fun but also very knowledgeable and professional at the same time. We would dive with them again in a heartbeat!

Burnaby, Canada
“fab tour operator that is willing to accommodate differing ability levels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed at Paradise Villas for about 3 weeks this past December for work and ended up going snorkelling with Reef Adventures 4 times, including for 1 night dive. I still can't believe all the great marine life I got to see up close :) My parents went on holiday in Belize at the same time and joined me on one of these snorkelling excursions, which was their first one ever. Chuckie (the divemaster) was *extremely* caring and compassionate. He ensured that they felt safe and secure. He ended up towing them through the water so that they could see the fish, sharks, and turtles in a comfortable manner. My mother has advanced osteoarthritis and could not use fins while snorkelling and so being towed around by Chuckie is what enabled her to get out into the water. I travel quite a bit for work and have been on excursions in many, many, many places and know for a fact that this level of thoughtfulness and willingness to accommodate differing ability levels is uncommon. That snorkelling trip made their holiday, and for that I am ever appreciative to Chuckie and Reef Adventures. It looks like I will very likely have to go back to Ambergris Caye for work soon, and I will have absolutely no hesitation booking some water time with Reef Adventures on that trip (though hopefully to do some diving!).

Visited December 2012