“I love the sharks!” 5 of 5 stars

Visit Shark Ray Alley like an insider
Top Rated
$67*
and up
Belize Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray...
Activities: Snorkeling
Idaho Springs, CO
12 attraction reviews
“I love the sharks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

It is called Shark Ray Alley for a reason. You will see a lot of nurse sharks as well as a southern sting ray or two. Don't be afraid to get in the water with them. It is part of the experience and very exciting. There is also an abundance of other marine life to see. I have been snorkeling there twice and will go back when ever I am in San Pedro.

Visited November 2013

San Diego, California
7 attraction reviews
“OH MY..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Truly amazing..at first i was scared to see all the sharks and sting rays but as soon as i jumped in, my fears subsided. Fish swam up to you and stayed by your side as if they were your wing men.. I WAS RIGHT NEXT TO A SHARK and pettting its belly; while our tour guide of course was holding it. This was truly AMAZING!!!

Visited October 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Sharks galore”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Very busy. Lots of nurse sharks to see. Lots of boats and snorkelled a too close together. Too easy to get lost!

Visited January 2013
Columbia, Missouri
11 attraction reviews
“Good experience, but I have mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We went out to shark and ray alley from caye caulker with ragamuffin tours. I was really happy with the snorkeling and our guides. It was truly an amazing experience getting to swim with so many sharks and rays in one place. However, it was painfully obvious that the only reason we were visited by so many animals was because they were being baited. They were already swimming up as soon as they heard the boat engine. As soon as the fish were gone they disappeared (maybe 15 minutes in the water). I have mixed feelings on baiting the water from an ecological standpoint. That being said, this seems to be the common practice amount the tour guides and I admit guiltily that I was glad of the experience to get to be with so many animals in the water.

Visited November 2013
Union, New Jersey
69 attraction reviews
“wow, what can i say”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Well, what can I say about shark ray alley that hasn't already been mentioned?! This place was very cool. Went out there today with Belize Pro Dive Shop. Those guys were great. They jumped in with us. We touched a nurse shark, some sort of sting ray (i can't remember which kind). We saw all kinds of fish feeding. Just the sound of the boats engine brought the fish towards us. Some chum in the water, and they all showed up for snack time lol. Definitely a must do when you are in San Pedro, Belize

Visited October 2013