“Fresh juice and excellent breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of O Restaurant

O Restaurant
3.5 miles north of San Pedro | at Las Terrazas Resort, Ambergris Caye 00000, Belize
501-226-4249
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 142 Restaurants in Ambergris Caye
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mediterranean, Mexican, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: The premier dining destination in Belize, O Restaurant offers guests and locals an all-new restaurant featuring an outstanding menu with Caribbean and Central American cuisine. Diners will delight in dishes featuring the freshest ingredients with an array of flavors served in the most desirable of atmospheres. At O, you'll surround yourself with decor reminiscent of the cool colors of the ocean and the brilliant colors of the summer sky,for a truly unique San Pedro dining experience. Celebration dinners for couples, families or groups are our specialty and can be arranged rooftop, beach side or pool side. "O" Restaurant will cater to all your culinary whims. We invite you to indulge and enjoy.
Gainesville, Florida
“Fresh juice and excellent breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed nearby Las Terrazas and stopped there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner a handful of times during the week. Their entrees are very well portioned and they do seem to find the freshest fruit on the island. At times, it can be a little toasty in the restaurant itself, but definitely try their mango mojito to cool you off.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vancouver, Canada
“Great Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The location is intriguing, as you have to navigate the from beach to restaurant through the pool area. We dined in the building as the weather looked threatening and the outside seating is beautiful but roofless. There was a brief shower while we ate we are not sure how it was handled by guests or staff.. The food and service were very good .. the seating slightly close for our tastes and noisey neighbours lowered our overall enjoyment of the evening. We had been looking for a somwwhat more elagant and quiet setting.and while the resturant it self was everything we could have hoped for the proxminty to the noisey guests was really off putting. So yes we really liked food quality portions presentation for us the ambiance was somewhat lacking..

Houston, Texas
“Great food, great service, great restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

O is a great restaurant that offers a very diverse selection of food. From seafood to steaks to pastas, the selection is endless. I was able to try many different meals from the menu, as I was staying at Las Terrazas and was not disappointed with any of the food. Some of my favorite meals included the flank steak, polenta/ratatouille, and the shrimp scampi. The service wasn't too fast and wasn't too slow. It was just perfect. The ambiance was probably my favorite part of the restaurant because it has a very modern feel to it. The interior lighting and decoration is fantastic. In fact, I began to ask the staff where to buy some of the interior decorations. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone staying on the Island as it is one of the best! You will not be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Best food on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed at Las Terrazas and ate at the O Restaurant everyday for all meals. For starters, the service was wonderful! The wait staff is very attentive and accommodating to any dietary preferences. For breakfast, they had very fresh juices and a variety of types of eggs to choose from. Their lunch menu was diverse as well. In particular, the chicken salad was really good. Dinner was definitely my favorite meal to have there. The menu had a wide range of choices, from an Indian chicken curry (which was delicious) to a delicious steak, to a creamy and flavorful smoked chicken pasta. The soups were also amazing!

The ambiance was also very nice. The table settings were clean and formal, and the decor on the walls was posh. The windows around the restaurant, when open, allow you to hear the soft stream of water from the oasis surrounding it, making the meals feel so serene and relaxing.

I definitely recommend eating here before you leave San Pedro!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Lucky Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stumbled upon this place while we were trying to find Rojo Lounge to celebrate my birthday and our last night on Ambergris Caye. We gave up trying to reach Rojo and went here instead. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food as no one we met had even mentioned it. We were the only ones there (we eat early as we had our 7 year old with us) so we were worried. However, it was a memorable meal with great service. The shrimp appetizer was very good and I enjoyed my blackened fish with a fruit salsa. It was cooked perfectly and the salsa was the perfect accompaniment. My husband had the special, shrimp scampi that was delicious, he even asked for some bread to soak up the delicious sauce. (Now if I can only figure out how to recreate that sauce as it was not like any scampi I ever made.) When they found out it was my birthday, they brought me a dessert with a candle in it and they all sang happy birthday to me. All in all, I would highly recommend this place though it is not on the beach, just a view of the pool and a minimalist decor.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere