“Bad food, bad service” 1 of 5 stars

Description: A romantic get away from town.,Serving Thai/ French fusion cuisine
New York City, New York
“Bad food, bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I ordered the Pad Thai and I couldn't even eat it. The chicken was fatty and the tangy sauce was horrible. I asked the waiter to take it away and he did. A few minutes later I heard the staff talking about me in Spanish saying how they didn't understand how I didn't like it. I understood what they were saying and I didn't need a translator to tell me how rude and unprofessional it is to talk about customers in a different language a few feet away from me. I was so nauseated from the dish that I didn't want to order anything else on the menu. I then got the bill and was charged for the inedible meal as well as the tap water on the table. The restaurant was run down, the service was poor and the food was not edible. Don't waste your time or money. In my 10 days in Belize, this was the only disappointment.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
turtleBelize, Owner at Rendezvous Restaurant &Winery, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Phad Thai is one our most famous dishes. Infact we sold 12 that night and your dinner companion Also did and enjoyed it
The Chef personally came out and offered you something else and you declined.
The staff subsequently offered you an appetizer, dessert,what ever you desired. You declined
We only use chicken breast. Perhaps you mistook shrimp for fat?
Bottom line is you were in a bad mood and decided to take it out on us.
We did everything in our power to accommodate you.You refused.
Please don,t come back. You,d probably be happy with some ramen noodles anyway.

Belize
“best seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Amongst other items we chose the King Crabs and Stone Crabs . . . both hard to find anywhere else on this island.

The crabs was well prepared and therefore easy to crack . . . a delicious meal, unmatched by any other restaurant on this island.

The service was excellent and I can highly recommend this restaurant !

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Pad Thai I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This place has the best Thai I have ever had. We got to hang out with the owners and the staff. I ate the Pad Thai 4 times in 2 days after we discovered it. It was a great time. Again, THE PAD THAI IS UNBELIEVABLE. Seriously, it is THE BEST Pad Thai I have ever had. Most Pad Thai consists of Greasy noodles. This was a great sauce, with great seasoning, enough noodles to make it work, and very little greasy. I like this place and the owners were very cool.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Need improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

The place was very busy when I got there around 7:15pm so they offered us a table outside, which was fine. We waited at least 20 mins to be able to order. Then another 20 to get water, drinks and bread.
All together it took well over an hour and a half to get our dinner. My friend and I ordered the lobster tail. Nice presentation! Could use a bit more of sauce and vegetables (for the price)
The staff was nice and polite. The owner came over to ask how everything was, and even the chef came over (for a cigarette) after everyone has left the restaurant.

Visited November 2013
CT
“A must go to!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Hi Colleen! we arrived home safely but not happy! wish we were still in Belize :(
great restaurant - great food / people! we stayed at Las Terrazas next door and got sick of their limited menu about 2 days in. we stumbled (literally) next door in search of something different; I had read about this place and wanted to try it. unfortunately they were closed, but fortunately for us we were welcomed with open arms to come in for a drink and then Colleen gave us some great apps...conch ceviche / cheese plate. long story short, we ended up coming back for dinner twice / lunch after our dive / snorkel trip and hanging out having a great time. we even brought home a bottle of her Cab and had her write all over it for us - too funny! we told multiple other couples we met about this place and they all loved it too. as for the review below, we were there the same night and know where you guys were sitting...it wasn't that hot. you're in Belize, hello? and if you are already hot, why order hot soup? I had the lobster also and it was great, as was the stuffed pork my husband had - excellent. chocolate dessert delicious! also, Thai wouldn't hurt anyone unless harassed. he just lays there not bothering anyone. your child must have provoked the dog. Hanna (the other resident dog) is a absolute lover. they are not in the restaurant during service and will not bother with you unless you call either of them over. Anita, have a safe trip home and enjoy your remaining time there! we hope to be back soon! luv double Dzzzzz :) ps...Dave is being nice - hahaha

Visited October 2013