“Great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 142 Restaurants in Ambergris Caye
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Orlando, Florida
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

First, I did not really pay any attention to pricing because we had breakfast and dinner included in our packages. I have to admit I noticed pricig was high but the food was good enough to justify, especially consdering resort restaurants always seem to be a little higher anywhere. Every single thing we ordered was excellent. Breakfast menu had most american type breakfast items and a few local food choices as well. Orange juice was fresh squezed and delicious. Portions were generous. Dinner menu has a little bit of everything from fish to shellfish to poulty, steak and thick pork chops. There are pasta options as well that were very good- the pasta carbonara with shrimp was good enough that I ordered it a second time! Appetizers and really good and desserts as well. The presentation was beautiful service is top notch.

Visited May 2013

“Mambo at Mata Chica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wow the food was out of this world! The staff is very accomodating, and will come pick you up at your resort and bring you back after dinner at no cost. We really enjoyed this resort dining and bar areas. We dined there 2 times on our honeymoon and both times we were completely blown away with the quality of the food, the five star service and the eclectic choices on the menu! Pricing was a little high, but it was completely worth it!

Visited July 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Food at Matachica”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Food was well prepared and fresh, though a little overpriced sometimes. Portions were nice. I think I would normally be very happy with the food though the jungle lodge I had just come from was exceptional so my palette was spoiled. The seafood was very fresh.
I did however get tired of the coconut rice that came with any meals, I like it sometimes but it got old after a week.

Visited August 2012
Dallas TX
“Romantic Evening - Outstanding Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Very nice restaurant in a relaxing town. We celebrated our 20th anniversary night here and had a romantic dinner (they had flowers on the table when we arrived) and and homemade fresh pasta, great wine (not bad $$ - even had a Cakebread), and fish was fresh and to die for. They picked us up in their boat and took us to the resort, walked us into the beautiful restaurant - where I felt like I was in paradise - but equally as much in a big city because they did such a great job.

Visited May 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Great food, amazing atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Took a water taxi from San Pedro to Matachica for lunch at Mambo and it is even better than the last time we visited in 2010. We ordered guacamole and chips and quesadillas with our drinks and everything was delicious! The vibe at the resort and restaurant is cool and laid back and my husband and I enjoyed watching the friendly geckos hanging out and the spectacular Caribbean view from our table. Highly recommend this restaurant for a long afternoon lunch and imagine it would be awesome for dinner as well.... Next time for sure!

• Visited April 2013