“Great Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
stone mountain
“Great Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

My spouse and I just wanted to get away for a some R&R. We had a wonderful weekend. Mr. Robinson was very accomodating. He has a great personality. I truly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in Alpharetta, GA.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
caseyrobinson, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Char0504,

I want to personally thank you for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites-Alpharetta. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and you didn't have to drive very far to get away. We will always welcome you with open arms and we hope to see you soon.

Casey Robinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

During my stay this hotel and its staff made me feel like I was at home and very welcomed. During our stay, the hotel staff Stephen and Michael (Mike) was some of the most friendliness and helpful hotel staff that I have ever met. The hotel rooms were very nice, comfortable, and clean. The breakfast was normal, but it was good. The location of this hotel was in what felt like a safe neighborhood. I would defiantly return to this hotel when and if I return to the area. The only suggestion I would make is that the hotel needs to add a shelf in the bathroom for guests to lay their clothes/hygiene items on. This would just make the bathroom more convenient. I did not get to check out the pool because of it being covered and out of season. I truly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in Alpharetta, GA.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

Stayed here for a few nights recently when my place wasn't available due to some work being done. Needed an inexpensive place to crash for a couple nights and this hotel did the trick...

Check in was smooth. Front desk clerk acknowledged Marriott Rewards status. The hotel was not particularly busy during my stay. I was given a king room (as reserved) on the third (top) level. The room was serviceable, but nothing fancy. Room consisted of a bed, desk, desk chair, arm chair, and not much else. In short, exactly what should be expected from a Fairfield Inn. Room and bathroom were clean enough.

Extras: Hotel has an outdoor pool and small fitness center. Pool was closed and didn't get a chance to check out the fitness center. Free WIFI in rooms. Breakfast consisted of the usual - sausage/egg/cheese breakfast sandwiches, bagels, muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc. Complementary parking.

Location is alright, just west of GA-400 on Haynes Bridge. Near the North Point Mall and other standard suburban shopping and dining options. Nothing special about this area, but nothing wrong with it, either.

I would recommend this place as a clean, safe, economical lodging option. As long as you're not expecting the Four Seasons, you'll be fine.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

We stayed at the Farfield Inn in Alpharetta the last week in September. We wer ein town for a wedding. The bride had everyone staying at the new Hyatt Place clsoe by but we chose the Fairfield Inn because we wanted our Marriott points. Big mistake. While it is right off the highway and seemed fairly safe the rooms were gross. The walls has gunk on them. The furniture is from 1979. The carpet was dirty and had no padding. The bathrooms wee creepy. Our rate was very low ($60 a night) but still this was repulsive. The TV was so old you could not find one like on the market if you tried. There was no blanket on the bed. Just a thick sheet. The only nice part was a farily nice breakfast is included. I would never stay here again. The Hyatt Place down the road was $10 mor eper night and WORLDS BETTER!!!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
caseyrobinson, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, December 8, 2009
Melissa,

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay and your expectations of the hotel wasn’t accommodating enough to suit your needs. The Fairfield Inn Alpharetta staff works very hard to please all of our guest and strives to make certain that every guest leaves satisfied. Our hotel had a complete renuvation in 2007 and since then has passed Marriott International Quality Assurance Audits in the 90 percentile each year. During the renuvation, the hotel rolled out the Fairfield Inn new bedding package in which all beds are triple sheeted with the tranquility fleece/vesta comforter. The hotel will replace all televisions with flat screen panels in 2010.

Again, I aplogize that we did not meet your expectations. I would like to inform the other viewers that the Fairfield Inn Alpharetta strives on guest satisfaction and cleanliness and hope that they will give us the opportunity to serve them.
Thank you.

GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

Me and my family have stayed at this hotel twice now. The first stay was much more pleasant than the second stay.

Main issue with the first stay, I called the front desk to request additional towels for the room. There were 3 of us and we bathed at night and were going to need towels for the next morning too. At first, the front-desk clerk advised that he was not able to leave the desk and bring the towels to us. But, then he changed his mind and said he would be right up.
The second stay presented some issues. First, when I called to ask for more towels, I was told that I would have to come down to the front desk to get them. This wasn't that big of a deal except that I noted they advertise "room service" on the site. That should be removed if they are unable to follow through. Second, the noise level for both night's stay was very loud. We were awakened several times throughout the night (all hours both nights) by people talking and carrying-on. Thirdly, on our second night there, there was a couple fist fighting in the parking-lot directly under our room. We called the front desk FIVE times to ask them to take care of the problem. No one would answer the phone. The fight continued for over THIRTY minutes. That was unacceptable. The hotel staff should have taken care of the problem and asked the people to leave or called the police.
Also, there was never any popcorn in the popcorn machine. Don't know why that was. But, if you advertise something on your web page, you should deliver.
The cleanliness of the room was great. The shower had high pressure and plenty of hot water. The breakfast was excellent...lots to chose from...fresh/clean/etc.

• Liked — Cleanliness / location
  • Disliked — no room service / noise and disturbance issues
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize that we did not provide you with with the customers service that you deserve during your stay with us. As far as the guest that were fighting, the guest service representative that was on duty should have notified the authorities to prevent that incident from disturbing other hotel guest and possibly hurting an innocent by stander. I really appreciate your feedback in regards to this matter and I will use it for additional training with my staff so that this will never occur again. We appreciate you staying with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Alpharetta and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the near . Thank you.

Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2008

This was your standard Fairfield Inn; clean and simple rooms, ideal location with easy freeway access, close proximity to shopping and restaurants, ample parking, free breakfast, and free computer usage with Internet. The noise level wasn't too bad and we were able to get a good night's sleep. I've rated this hotel as above average because the customer service was EXCELLENT. We were initially given a room close to the elevator; they found us another room after an hour and relocated us without any hassle. Upon the day of arrival, we asked for an early check-in and they allowed us to check-in 4 hours early. We were there for a wedding, and I got lost driving to my destination. I called the front desk, and they pleasantly looked up the directions online and stayed on the phone with me until I arrived at the correct location. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful.

However, there were definitely people smoking in the rooms. We could smell it in the hallway - so much for a smoke-free property. Nevertheless, if you're looking for a decent place that's reasonably priced, I'd pick the Fairfield Inn.

• Liked — Customer service, good location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2008

Hotel was about what you'd expect for the price. Staff was friendly, fresh baked cookies upon arrival, free wifi service.

BUT

Walls between rooms were paper thin. Noise transmission between rooms and from hallway was remarkable...it was as if the walls had no sound insulation at all.

This defect would prevent me from staying there again.

Even at a low price point there must be better options.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpharetta
Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta
#2 of 24 in Alpharetta
4.5 of 5 stars 254 reviews
Hampton Inn Alpharetta/Roswell
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Alpharetta

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Alpharetta? Share your experiences!