“Our Experience at Fairfield in Alpharetta, GA” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
GA
“Our Experience at Fairfield in Alpharetta, GA”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

Me and my family have stayed at this hotel twice now. The first stay was much more pleasant than the second stay.

Main issue with the first stay, I called the front desk to request additional towels for the room. There were 3 of us and we bathed at night and were going to need towels for the next morning too. At first, the front-desk clerk advised that he was not able to leave the desk and bring the towels to us. But, then he changed his mind and said he would be right up.
The second stay presented some issues. First, when I called to ask for more towels, I was told that I would have to come down to the front desk to get them. This wasn't that big of a deal except that I noted they advertise "room service" on the site. That should be removed if they are unable to follow through. Second, the noise level for both night's stay was very loud. We were awakened several times throughout the night (all hours both nights) by people talking and carrying-on. Thirdly, on our second night there, there was a couple fist fighting in the parking-lot directly under our room. We called the front desk FIVE times to ask them to take care of the problem. No one would answer the phone. The fight continued for over THIRTY minutes. That was unacceptable. The hotel staff should have taken care of the problem and asked the people to leave or called the police.
Also, there was never any popcorn in the popcorn machine. Don't know why that was. But, if you advertise something on your web page, you should deliver.
The cleanliness of the room was great. The shower had high pressure and plenty of hot water. The breakfast was excellent...lots to chose from...fresh/clean/etc.

• Liked — Cleanliness / location
  • Disliked — no room service / noise and disturbance issues
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
caseyrobinson, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, December 8, 2009
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize that we did not provide you with with the customers service that you deserve during your stay with us. As far as the guest that were fighting, the guest service representative that was on duty should have notified the authorities to prevent that incident from disturbing other hotel guest and possibly hurting an innocent by stander. I really appreciate your feedback in regards to this matter and I will use it for additional training with my staff so that this will never occur again. We appreciate you staying with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Alpharetta and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the near . Thank you.

Hospitably,
Casey Robinson

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2008

This was your standard Fairfield Inn; clean and simple rooms, ideal location with easy freeway access, close proximity to shopping and restaurants, ample parking, free breakfast, and free computer usage with Internet. The noise level wasn't too bad and we were able to get a good night's sleep. I've rated this hotel as above average because the customer service was EXCELLENT. We were initially given a room close to the elevator; they found us another room after an hour and relocated us without any hassle. Upon the day of arrival, we asked for an early check-in and they allowed us to check-in 4 hours early. We were there for a wedding, and I got lost driving to my destination. I called the front desk, and they pleasantly looked up the directions online and stayed on the phone with me until I arrived at the correct location. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful.

However, there were definitely people smoking in the rooms. We could smell it in the hallway - so much for a smoke-free property. Nevertheless, if you're looking for a decent place that's reasonably priced, I'd pick the Fairfield Inn.

• Liked — Customer service, good location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2008

Hotel was about what you'd expect for the price. Staff was friendly, fresh baked cookies upon arrival, free wifi service.

BUT

Walls between rooms were paper thin. Noise transmission between rooms and from hallway was remarkable...it was as if the walls had no sound insulation at all.

This defect would prevent me from staying there again.

Even at a low price point there must be better options.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2008

While the rate seemed cheap to me, the experience was not bad at all. The room was clean, the shower had hot water and good pressure, and the front desk staff were very polite.

I stayed for a week, on business. I would return to this hotel.

Eric Wittkopp

• Liked — The quiet
  • Disliked — No fridge
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
DFW
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

We booked this location for three nights, and after the first night stay when we found the place was fourty minutes away from where we would be spending most of our time, we relocated to another property. Also, we were put in a handicap room, presumably because we arrived late in the night and no standard king room was available. We've been in a handicap room before, and usually are pleased with the larger space. However, the bathroom here was not equipped with a tub/shower. Instead, it was an open shower area like you find in a gym. This is a minor thing, except water does get everywhere in the bathroom, and is sort of messy. The hotel was rated four out of five stars by the chain, but I would not have been so generous. I'd say a two, maybe almost a three. The staff was very pleasant, but the place didn't seem up to Marriott standards

• Liked — Nice staff
  • Disliked — Room, cleanliness, limited Internet access
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

We were visiting family and only stayed one night. We had to leave early so did not have breakfast, but coffee, cookies and popcorn were available in the lobby throughout the day. Small business room with computer and printer was a plus. We checked into our room at about 6pm and the elevator had a slight smokey smell. I thought maybe someone had just finished a cigarette and got on so no big deal. Then third floor had distinct smell but room ok. I informed front desk that they should check on other guests on that floor. By bedtime, the room smelled awful and the hallway was worse. We went downstairs to change rooms and were moved to the first floor. Finally got to bed when we realize that we are right next to elevator mechanical room. By this point I was so tired I just cranked up the air and tried to get to sleep. Front desk seemed very helpful but the hotel was far from full and after the problems that we had, I would think that they could have found a different room for us.

Stayed September 2007
Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2006

We got an excellent rate at this hotel! Four of us stayed in a room with two beds for $56 per night with a AAA discount. They didn't charge us extra for the extra two people like many hotels do who serve a breakfast. Breakfast was excellent! They advertised it just as a continental but there was so much - waffles, hot oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, and of course all the usuals - bagels, toast, danishes, cold cereal, coffee, juice.

The room was very clean and not too noisy. This hotel was conveniently located for our conference in Alpharetta, but we also made a day trip into Atlanta and it only took about 30 min - so if you have a car, it's very doable.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Alpharetta? Share your experiences!