“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Royal Oak, MI
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is the best hotel in the area. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. The gym is a good size and the equipment is new and has televisions on each of them. The hotel has a bar/restaurant area that is a really nice amenity to have in a hotel of this size and when you are there on business. Comparable hotels don't often offer this. The breakfast is also very good and a great value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our Hotel. My staff and I take pride in delivering exceptional service to all of our guests. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit!

rob.goodman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Centreville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I'm a frequent traveller for both business and fun. I typically look for cleanliness, proximity to meeting sites, and service. This hotel met two, but the service was spotty at best. I have a high level frequent traveller status with Hilton, but the only way you would know it was when the desk attendant dropped two bottles of water on the desk. But it started badly to begin with. 1) they did not have the King room I booked 3 weeks prior; 2) the room I was given was on the top floor at the most extra me possible end of one wing of a smoking floor (didn't even know they had such things any more!) and the room was reeking with the sickening odor of stale cigarettes. I called down and without any apology was told to come down and get another room card. At the desk it was the same guy who checked me in. He gave me a room card with no comment, 3) TV did not work and had to be repaired twice in my three day stay, 4) last day of my stay I was given one towel instead of the usual 3 (I don't use 3, but would like the option of having an extra one (I also tip housekeeping every day). The room was comfortable and clean, but customer service needs a heavy touch up. I won't stay here in the future, and I'm not difficult to please.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CYBUCKHEAD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I am sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that this is not an example of the service we typically provide. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for all the issues you had. We certainly hope that you will give us another chance if you visit the area again.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had an incredible stay when I arrived to the hotel. I stayed from July 1st to July 6th. I want to say that if it wasn't because of Robert Freeman, I don't what would it happen. I mean this guy loves his job, great way of giving hospitality to the guest. I called twice and for some reason my room didn't have towels, and I was missing a remote control. However, this gentleman(Robert) came to my room, brought the remote control, the towels, and he even brought a bottle of water, because he noticed I was thirsty. He went above and beyond in taking care of me.

I will definitely come back for sure, and enjoy another stay at this wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: This Hotel has an Amazing Staff!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words about the service you received. Our team strives to deliver above and beyond and I am glad we were successful during your stay. Thanks again for choosing Hilton Garden Inn!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

fitted Sheet on our king bed was on wrong and me and my wife had to fix
Non smoking room smelled of smoke
Mini refrigerator didn't work and the nob to adjust the settings was missing

Overall I was satisfied with our stay but if we had our kids with us the smoke smell and frig issues would have been more of a concern

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We strive to meet and exceed all of our guests expectations. I apologize for the issues you had with the sheet and the refrigerator. I hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence the next time your in this area.

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Found myself here for a week on business. Nice lobby area with an excellent made to order breakfast. Beds were comfortable. Being a former housekeeping manager I thought the rooms could use a good deep cleaning. The fitness center is nice, but you have to get up early since there is only 3 pieces of equipment.

Friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. As a former Housekeeping manager I appreciate your attention to detail and have shared your feedback with my team. We hope to see you again soon!

Palm City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The front desk was very helpful and nice. The building didn't look that old but I had multiple bulbs that were out and needed to have them replaced to see in the room. The handle on the facet was literally broken and barely worked. I can't understand how they can service (clean) the room and not notice this.
The Hotel is a couple miles from bars and eateries. The small bar in the hotel does close eary (10 pm).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience at our Hotel. It disappoints me when we don't catch the easy fixes. I will be sure to share your remarks with my Housekeeping And Maintenance leaders to insure that this doesn;'t happen in the future.

Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Constant companion and I spent several days recently at this very pleasant facility while visiting the area for business and pleasure.
We found it neat, clean, comfortable and offering a wonderful (and very reasonably priced) full cook to order breakfast buffet.
The total cost was unbelievably low, making the value extremely high.
I you are seeking comfortable Alpharetta accommodations, look no further.

Room Tip: Check all available discount options (AAA, AARP, Gov't, etc) for the very best rate. We stayed f...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your gracious feedback regarding your stay with us. We really appreciate the time it takes to do these reviews. We look forward to seeing you again soon!