“If you get evicted...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3331 Old Milton Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30201 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #27 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Marina, California
“If you get evicted...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

You may just end up here. Others certainly seem to. I was actually looking for an apartment after having relocated to Alpharetta, and just opted for this place for a week, finding a discount code that got me $50 off for the week. It's a little cheaper than the next door to an Extended Stay Deluxe. I've stayed in both of these property brands quite a bit, and the ESDs are normally a little nicer. From the reviews though, I'm not sure which was going to be better.
All in all, it was not a terrible stay. It's annoying to have a bunch of families living in a hotel with you, particularly if you're unfortunate enough to get stuck above or below young kids, or adjacent to fighting couples, all of which are certainly possible at these pseudo-apartment extended stay hotels.
I stay in these places a lot, and I know better than to have particularly high expectations of them. Getting into my room the first I thing I notice is that half of the power outlets, including all the power outlets in the kitchen, are non-functional. This made it so that I had to set up the toaster and coffee maker on the adjacent desk in order to use them. Additionally, the iron they provided was broken. It just wouldn't turn on.
The worst part of the situation was the smell in the room. I called my girlfriend and told her it was patchouli, which she said it couldn't have been but, going back, I really think it was. The first thing I did was go buy a bottle of Febreeze, because it would really get to you after a while and I was worried that it would stick to my clothes. I mean this was bad. It permeated the whole room, but seemed worse in the bathroom. The Febreeze did not completely solve the issue either, but did improve it to a temporarily acceptable state.
I made a point to mention all of these issues to the staff, to which I received some sort of "I'll tell maintenance" response and never heard anything about it again. But, like I said, I didn't have the expectation that anything was going to be done about it. And, honestly, I think I lucked out in getting a pretty quiet room and didn't want to change even if they had offered. I was simply stating this to the staff because I didn't want to be blamed and charged for the issues, which I wasn't.
The wifi was, of course, horrendous, and the local channels on the TV didn't work (just the cable). I was on the third floor so I had no bug problems, but I certainly would expect it being on a lower floor.
The staff were fine but were definitely on the resigned side. The guy who was there much of the time was always with the same friend of his, and it always felt like I was interrupting a couple of guys hanging out when I had something to ask or talk about. The girl who checked me on the Sunday was nice but knew nothing. I would rather have minimal interaction with the staff but, with this stay, there was some discussion necessary. To their credit though, I made sure to remind them of the discount code I had reserved with, and the credit was given after I checked out, as it was supposed to be.
The location is not that bad but it's not very good. Old Milton Parkway is very backed up at rush hour, although you can get around it by using the right lane, which turns at North Point Parkway and is usually empty. You can also drive through the parking lots to wind up at the traffic light at Shell, if you need to make a left out of the hotel. However, this makes getting to supermarkets and restaurants down the road extremely difficult.
I've stayed in more Extended Stay hotels than I can count, but this #4 for Studio Plus (Cleveland, El Paso & Phoenix). Definitely the worst.
So, tips for this place if you do decide to come here: get a room on the third floor, run your fan at night to drown out the noise, bring a bottle of Febreeze, expect nothing.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Alpharetta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

This Was The Worst HotelL I've ever Stayed in, I Complained About The Ants The Manager!He totally Ignored Me, And Told me! It's The South So I Have To Expect It To Have ANTS! The Staff Also Lied About How Much I Was Paying,Because I Was Paying In Cash! He Tried To Say I Only Gave Him Half Of The Money,But I Recorded The Entire Encounter,I Also Had A Witness with me,! Becareful Don't Use A Credit Card Nor CASH! Give Money Order! Make Sure Your RECIEPT IS ACCURATE! I Would Never Live At That Hotel Ever AGAIN! CALL CORPORATE........

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East, responded to this review, February 26, 2010
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Studio Plus Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

The problem of pests is not just a challenge for the lodging industry at large, but also a challenge for the entire service industry, particularly those sectors that deal with foods. Such pests can create problems for airports, luxury resorts, restaurants, and even grocery stores. Until the scientific community is able to create a 100% effective and safe solution to the problem of pests, our hotel will continue to take the strictest care in deploying prevention measures so that situations like yours don't occur.

I am truly sorry to read of your misfortune. We are routinely praised for our service, cleanliness, rooms, and exceptional rates, so it is with the utmost seriousness that I regard your comments. I can assure you that your remarks will be fully researched and all results will produce prompt actions by our management team. Becoming America’s premier choice for extended stay lodging has given us the great fortune of welcoming millions of valued guests, like you, into our nearly 700 properties across North America. But we could never have gotten to that point without listening to our customers, our most important assets. It is for that reason that we will continue to make offering clean, comfortable hotel suites at affordable rates our priority.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

My mother and I were stayin in an extend as we are in a transition point in life and kinda homeless. The rate for the week was withing reason thus we opted for the week. Little did we know that the halls were going to smell like Bangladesh, India. There were ants in the dirty bathroom, when we told the guy at the desk about it he said he would put in a workorder, didnt happen.. two days later as we have no money to get another room elsewhere.. the ants are now in the kitchenette.. we are just trying to get some paperwork so we can leave here and I dont know if we are going to make it thru the ants and the nastiness of the room.. thanks alot for nothing but takin my money .. Oh yeah and the staff tried to steal our bicycles by saying we should have known better than to leave them outside, hid them in the office and acted like they were put in the dumpster.. rude rude people here ..

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Ocala, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

The staff is friendly, helpful and polite. The hotel is clean and neat. It was the perfect place to stay for some work in Alpharetta.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Clermont, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

water stagnates in shower and you stand in puddle of dirty water, few kitchen utensils, no knife, cutting board, no cleaning supplies, only one service per week. thin walls, No free internet, no service, Front office does not watch who walks into the facility!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Manager-AAL, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East, responded to this review, April 28, 2009

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we completely unsuccessful in several aspects of your stay. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

There were ants in the room. The staff was not helpful. There was no high speed internet, pay as you go service or otherwise. I had to use an aircard and even that gave a weak signal. When leaving the parking lot, you can only exit in one direction which can be inconvenient. I did not expect much in the way of tolietries at an extended stay hotel; however, the bathroom could have been cleaner and stocked with at least a full roll of toilet tissue. I did not touch any of the utensils or dishes, but bought everything I would need from a local store. Also, after I saw the ants, I took all of my luggage off of the floor and bought bug spray. The air conditioning unit does keep the room cool, but can be loud and is located right next to the bed.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tampa, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2007

At check-in, I was informed that there were no rooms available and that I would have to stay at another Studio Plus despite already having a PAID reservation. Only after protesting was I upgraded to another room.

I finally get to my room. No soap, ¼ roll of toilet paper, dirty dishes and no remote control for the television. I decided to buy my own toiletries and wash the dishes myself because I didn’t feel like hearing the front desk complain about the poor management as I they did earlier.

I did however call the front desk for the remote control. This time, there was a new front desk agent and she told me to come to the lobby for a remote. I trot back to the lobby where she’s in the lounge obliviously watching TV. She says she doesn’t think she has a remote for me even though she is watching the same brand of TV that was in my room. I ask her to check the back (which she does) and she returns with a remote control not surprisingly identical to the one she is using.

Worse yet, the internet hasn’t been working in my room since I got there despite the fact that I was charged for it. I already have two open helpdesk tickets for my complaints. A wireless signal from the room I am staying in at the far corner of the building can only be obtained if I literally stand in the bathtub and even then, the speed is only 1-2 Mbps which can hardly be deemed “hi-speed’ by today’s standards.

Do not stay here. There are many other choices in the Alpharetta area that are pretty close by and offer better service.

• Liked — It is conveniently located close to my client.
  • Disliked — POORLY MANAGED!! Two days and I'm about to just take the loss on my paid reservation and stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East

Address: 3331 Old Milton Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30201 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint)
Location: United States > Georgia > Alpharetta
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #27 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Studio Plus Alpharetta

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.