“Good room, location, and value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East

You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3331 Old Milton Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30201 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Good room, location, and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very friendly staff, with convenient location near freeway (Georgia 400), restaurants (Northpoint Mall with nearby developments) and many business areas. Easy to navigate around on surface streets during rush hour on the freeway if you are using GPS

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East, responded to this review, February 27, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Rooms are untidy, and very old. I reached here late night (around 1 AM) but was able to find a dedicated person available in night to do the check process. rooms are big but the sleeping area is very tight because of design flaw - you will see wall on both sides of your sleeping area and sleeping area is next to window making it colder and having to turn the heater on very high - by morning you will be suffocating due to over heating and the heater being very close to bed

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not like the room layout, and you felt the room was untidy. In response to your feedback, I am going to review our expectations with our housekeeping staff. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Statesboro, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

All I can say is, everything people wrote on here is absolutely TRUE. This hotel was absolutely DISGUSTING; stains on every piece of furniture, moldy shower curtain, outlets not all working, not vacuumed carpets, dogs barking (you can have pets), rough-looking people, etc. I don't have very high standards, but this didn't even meet my lowest of expectations.

Also, don't get confused, there's seems to be two Extended Stay hotels right beside each other. One is much nicer than the other one, and only about $10 more a night. They also have a free breakfast, etc. I'm not sure why they would have 2 hotels side-by-side, but they do. Maybe they just bought the newer-looking one?

In the end, if you stay at this hotel after reading this and all the other comments on TripAdvisor, then you get what you deserve! Run, away, fast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Studio Plus Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Marietta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

My friend and I needed a hotel for the night so we booked a room through the Studio Plus website. We arrived after midnight and the gentleman working said that they were all full. When I asked what actions were going to be taken to fix this problem he said that I needed to call the 1 800 number and they would handle the refund and there was nothing he could do because he was new. The lady that we talked to on the phone had NO IDEA what she was doing and she told us to call the hotel in the morning when a manager was on duty. Long story short, we were sent to their 2 sister hotels (the one right next door and the one off of Haynes Bridge Rd (this location was the most helpful) and we ended up at the Windgate by Wyndham on Mansell Rd where the service was wonderful. I do not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. Awful customer service and just a terrible experience all around.

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Stay at the Haynes Bridge location or go to Windgate by Wyndham off Mansell Rd.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East, responded to this review, July 19, 2012

Given the nature of our business, oftentimes our guests are not certain of their check-out date when they book their reservation. We work hard to verify whether checked-in guests need to extend their departure date. However, in very rare cases such as yours, an unexpected number of guests extend their stays simultaneously and we are unable to force them to check-out, resulting in an over-booked situation. While our guarantee policy provides for the location of and payment for the first night's stay for a guest whose reservation we cannot honor, I certainly recognize what an inconvenience this can be.

Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I had to chose this hotel as it had the best price in the area during the week. Surprisingly the price wasn't the only good thing. This is a no frills hotel, fairly simple, with old style TV (yes it is color ) but clean. From the parking to amenities in the hotel I found it to be decent. It would have been nice to have a breakfast but then again, it has a small kitchenette, where ones can prepare it's own.
Overall is a good hotel if you want to avoid overpriced hotels in the area or are on a budget.

Room Tip: Bring your own internet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Studio Plus Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

this was not a nice hotel at all, there are ants everywhere the vending machione eats your money the staff is not halpful with the exception of tyrome, the kids that stay here-live here are not allowed to go outside and play they are told to stay in their rooms. The prices are not great but i must say the manager is very nice too. It smells terrible though hope i could help

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Marina, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

You may just end up here. Others certainly seem to. I was actually looking for an apartment after having relocated to Alpharetta, and just opted for this place for a week, finding a discount code that got me $50 off for the week. It's a little cheaper than the next door to an Extended Stay Deluxe. I've stayed in both of these property brands quite a bit, and the ESDs are normally a little nicer. From the reviews though, I'm not sure which was going to be better.
All in all, it was not a terrible stay. It's annoying to have a bunch of families living in a hotel with you, particularly if you're unfortunate enough to get stuck above or below young kids, or adjacent to fighting couples, all of which are certainly possible at these pseudo-apartment extended stay hotels.
I stay in these places a lot, and I know better than to have particularly high expectations of them. Getting into my room the first I thing I notice is that half of the power outlets, including all the power outlets in the kitchen, are non-functional. This made it so that I had to set up the toaster and coffee maker on the adjacent desk in order to use them. Additionally, the iron they provided was broken. It just wouldn't turn on.
The worst part of the situation was the smell in the room. I called my girlfriend and told her it was patchouli, which she said it couldn't have been but, going back, I really think it was. The first thing I did was go buy a bottle of Febreeze, because it would really get to you after a while and I was worried that it would stick to my clothes. I mean this was bad. It permeated the whole room, but seemed worse in the bathroom. The Febreeze did not completely solve the issue either, but did improve it to a temporarily acceptable state.
I made a point to mention all of these issues to the staff, to which I received some sort of "I'll tell maintenance" response and never heard anything about it again. But, like I said, I didn't have the expectation that anything was going to be done about it. And, honestly, I think I lucked out in getting a pretty quiet room and didn't want to change even if they had offered. I was simply stating this to the staff because I didn't want to be blamed and charged for the issues, which I wasn't.
The wifi was, of course, horrendous, and the local channels on the TV didn't work (just the cable). I was on the third floor so I had no bug problems, but I certainly would expect it being on a lower floor.
The staff were fine but were definitely on the resigned side. The guy who was there much of the time was always with the same friend of his, and it always felt like I was interrupting a couple of guys hanging out when I had something to ask or talk about. The girl who checked me on the Sunday was nice but knew nothing. I would rather have minimal interaction with the staff but, with this stay, there was some discussion necessary. To their credit though, I made sure to remind them of the discount code I had reserved with, and the credit was given after I checked out, as it was supposed to be.
The location is not that bad but it's not very good. Old Milton Parkway is very backed up at rush hour, although you can get around it by using the right lane, which turns at North Point Parkway and is usually empty. You can also drive through the parking lots to wind up at the traffic light at Shell, if you need to make a left out of the hotel. However, this makes getting to supermarkets and restaurants down the road extremely difficult.
I've stayed in more Extended Stay hotels than I can count, but this #4 for Studio Plus (Cleveland, El Paso & Phoenix). Definitely the worst.
So, tips for this place if you do decide to come here: get a room on the third floor, run your fan at night to drown out the noise, bring a bottle of Febreeze, expect nothing.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East

Address: 3331 Old Milton Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30201 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint)
Location: United States > Georgia > Alpharetta
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Studio Plus Alpharetta

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.