“Perfect Place for events at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Long Beach, Mississippi
“Perfect Place for events at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed there to be near the amphitheater for a concert. The lot N shuttle is on the street next to the hotel. Perfect! No driving! We stayed in a two bedroom suite and it was just fine. We were not expecting a luxury hotel and felt we got a great room at a great price. Everyone was nice at check-in and the room was clean, beds comfortable, and it was nice to have a little kitchen and fridge even though we really didn't need it. We had no complaints at all and it would be the only place to stay if we were going to another concert there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
TownePlace, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay, thank you!

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brooklyn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is exactly what you expect it to be. Was there for a weekend and the staff was VERY nice and accomodating, the beds were comfortable, the room was clean, and basically exactly what you would expect. Nothing fancy, just a solid place to stay for business or whatever.

They can use some upgrades on the bathrooms and towels, and I will also say there was a horrible smell in the hallway for my entire stay. It could of been another guest cooking, but I just don't think so.

Either way, its a fine hotel and priced well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
TownePlace, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay, thank you for staying with us!
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Just like other TownePlace Suites, you may check into one building and stay in another. The few staff people were helpful. The room and kitchen area were clean and stocked. My only issue was that the walls are a little thin which meant I could hear a dog bark and the owner yell at it down the hall. When I have business in the area, I will likely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TownePlace, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your comment!
Provo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here while visiting a customer and the room and hotel was nice. It wasn't the nicest TownePlace suites that I've stayed in and there wasn't any thing fancy about it, but it was priced well and it was close to my client's office. I have stayed here two other times and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
TownePlace, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you Mea37 for taking the time to comment on your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to your client's office.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed 5 days and would definitely stay here again. This place is probably the best value in the area. The staff was great, the room was clean and lacked nothing. My room was pretty quiet, but I could hear the people in the room above even though they were just walking around and not even being loud. The decore and furnishing are not the most modern but I don't care about that.

Room Tip: Top floor is probably best choice so you don't hear the people in the room above you walking aro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
TownePlace, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I appreciate you taking the time to share. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to TownePlace Suites Alpharetta in the near future.
Matthews, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

While everything in the hotel room was clean and in working order, the room could use a bit of a refresh. The furniture was a bit old and the décor just seemed out of date and a little bland. I was only there for one night, but I think if it truly was extended stay, I would have grown quite bored with the room. As in the title of my review, the first word that came to mind was ‘staid.’ Not bad, but certainly not good either - just very average and in need of an upgrade. The front desk staff was friendly and the lobby/breakfast area was clearly up to date and in better shape than the rooms. As a Marriott Elite, the hotel general manager had sent an email to me after my stay where I shared the feedback above; she replied that the property owner is likely doing a renovation in 2013 - it is certainly needed and I'm sure would help bring guests back to the property. The price is great for the size of room that you get, and location-wise, it's quite convenient to the mall and many Alpharetta-based businesses. If it's any indication of how the hotel compares to others in the area, I booked relatively last minute (within a week of travel) and it was one of only a couple hotels in the area with availability. All other Marriott properties in Alpharetta were sold out.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you Doug for your feedback. Our team works hard to ensure all guests receive a clean and friendly hotel enviroment. We are updating items as needed throughout the hotel and anticipate a renovation in the near future. Thank you for staying with us!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The overall complex when you drive up looks clean and fresh. Well suited for the area, close to the mall and restaurants. However, the interior is where I was a bit disappointed. Our room was a two bedroom on the end, on the first floor. You could hear every sound upstairs. Someone was jumping around a lot upstairs and it echoed down into our room. There was space between the doorframe and the door, which meant, if someone was so inclined, they could easily peek into your room.

When we first went into the room, there was a trash can in the kitchen that was full and the floor was sticky. There was no trash can in the bathroom, so any trash you had to carry back out into the kitchen. The television in our room (115) did not work. Also my husband noted that the back of the door had mold on it. Not a pleasant site.

When it came time to go to sleep, around 11 that night, you could hear someones television or music rather loudly. I was laying in bed trying to figure out where it was coming from, being as the couple in our adjoining room was already asleep. Eventually it stopped, and I was able to sleep.

The breakfast in the morning is simple, so don't expect anything along the lines of waffles or boxed cereals. Fortunately I had plans for breakfast elsewhere.

Overall, the location was nice. It was in a quiet at night, at least from outdoor noises. Just live with the noises on the inside of the facility.

I give this an average rating, because the people at the front desk were friendly. It made the difference between a two and three star.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TownePlace, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am embarassed at the cleanliness you encountered as this is not the service we provide here at the TownePlace Suites Alpharetta. I have shared your comments with the team to ensure that this oversight does not occur again. I am glad to hear that the staff made this stay a bit better and I would love to welcome you and your family back to show you the service you expect from a Marriott property.

Been to TownePlace Suites Atlanta Alpharetta? Share your experiences!