“We're having a nice time” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Sarasota
“We're having a nice time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We'll be here until tomorrow. It's a 3 night stay booked through Priceline. We asked for and got a king bed room with a small balcony overlooking the pool area. The staff is friendly, the room is clean and good size. Location is great for our needs. We would have no issues with staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tullamarine, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The Courtyard Marriott on Deerfield Parkway is where I stay when I visit Alpharetta, it is consistent with the Marriott Courtyard brand giving good value for money accommodation. Rooms are big enough and clean. The cafe provides meals and refreshments all day. The gym has just been re-equipped. Wireless internet is fast, reliable and free. I will continu eto stayy here on future visits.

Room Tip: no special tips here - rooms seems to all be similar standard
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I booked a king room with sofa bed & balcony for one night using a free night certificate that I had through Marriott Rewards program. They weren't crowded when we arrived so my husband asked if we could get some kind of upgrade. The clerk agreed and said she would give us a "larger king room with balcony". If this room was LARGER than the normal one, I am SO glad he asked because I could not have dealt with anything any smaller. The room was clean enough, but just plain tired looking. It was dark, with that terrible yellowish lighting...and not much of that even. Past time for a complete overhaul I would say. I really hope the clerk was just trying to make my husband feel like he got an upgrade and this isn't truly what they consider a larger room.
The balcony was tiny also. It should have been overlooking the pool but there was a tree right in front of it so, that was our view. There was also an inhabited wasp nest on the balcony that had obviously been there for some time. From what I could see, the pool/courtyard area looked quite nice. If it had been warmer and there had actually been activity at the pool I would have been very disappointed with our placement when it was obvious there were plenty of empty rooms with better views.
Housekeeping came banging on the door @ 8:00 am wanting to know if we were checking out. That drives me absolutely insane!! With all of the modern technology we have, is there not some way for them to keep in contact with the front desk to know which guest is doing what and when?
Be aware that you will have to pay for coffee. The cup said Starbuck's but my husband said the lady pumped it out of some generic looking thermos and that it tasted like it came from a truck stop.
The one good thing I have to say...I found the bed to be very comfortable. My husband hated it because it was too soft for his taste.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Middleton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Yes, the lobby has been renovated, and actually the social seating outside the cafe area is nicer than some other Courtyard's I've stayed in.

But the rooms. Ugh. The rooms have NOT been updated and are reminiscent of the reasons I used to avoid Courtyard properties 5+ years ago. The HVAC system is one of those old, ugly & inefficient wall-mounted systems. I turned the air on and it was COLD next to the desk, but still hot & humid by the bed/bath area.

The towels were ridiculously thin, like you would find in a low-budget 1-star motel.

The halls were dark and dated. Neither the halls nor the rooms felt particularly clean, but that could be because the property seems so old.

I agree with other reviewers that the rates are outrageous for the quality. You are only paying for location and points (if you participate in the rewards program). I will avoid staying here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tommy W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and information regarding your stay with us. We at the Courtyard are working with the hotel's owners to complete our renovation schedule. Phase one was our new lobby, meeting space, Bistro, and exercise room and phase two will be the hallways and guest rooms. Also during Q1 2014 the hotel will receive all new air conditioning units! Once again I appreciate your feedback. Thank you and have a great day!
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Would never stay at this hotel again. The air conditioners are window units and are old and so loud it sounded like a portable generator running in the room. Even with earplugs in, I had to turn it off at night to sleep. Also I did not care for the new Bistro, I spent 15 minutes one morning waiting for my breakfast. The breakfast was good, but in the morning with limited time I think the buffet approach is better. Also the hotel used to offer coffee/tea and fresh baked cookies at night, but now you need to purchase these items at the Bistro (no longer free). On a positive note, the beds are very comfortable and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Timonium, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The renovations look great. The new Lobby and restaurant look great. Huge bank of PC's and printers in the lobby as well. Getting back to Windward Parkway is crazy. You will have to make U Turns. It's not the Hotels Fault but they need a Trafic light at that intersection.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tommy W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time out to write a post about our hotel and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We also agree with you in regards to the intersection out front, we wish there was a light also!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

A decent Courtyard but not exceptional and I question their room rates vs the quality of accommodations i.e. mediocre mattress, mattress cover that didn't cover, thin towels/wash cloths and limited work-out facility.

• Stayed August 2013
Alan K, I am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide excellent service and we will utilize your comments to better train our Front Office Staff. I will also share with Housekeeping and our Bistro a congratulations. The hotel is also currently in the process of replacing our towels and apologize they were not up to our Marriott standards.

I truly appreciate you giving your feedback and we will utilize it to better our future guest stays.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta? Share your experiences!