“Alpharetta Courtyard” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Timonium, Maryland
“Alpharetta Courtyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The renovations look great. The new Lobby and restaurant look great. Huge bank of PC's and printers in the lobby as well. Getting back to Windward Parkway is crazy. You will have to make U Turns. It's not the Hotels Fault but they need a Trafic light at that intersection.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tommy W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time out to write a post about our hotel and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We also agree with you in regards to the intersection out front, we wish there was a light also!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

A decent Courtyard but not exceptional and I question their room rates vs the quality of accommodations i.e. mediocre mattress, mattress cover that didn't cover, thin towels/wash cloths and limited work-out facility.

• Stayed August 2013
Alan K, I am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide excellent service and we will utilize your comments to better train our Front Office Staff. I will also share with Housekeeping and our Bistro a congratulations. The hotel is also currently in the process of replacing our towels and apologize they were not up to our Marriott standards.

I truly appreciate you giving your feedback and we will utilize it to better our future guest stays.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of Marriott Courtyards over the past few years, and I am a platinum elite member. Most of the older ones have a nice renovated lobby , but the rooms are old looking. This hotel has a nice flat screen TV and the shower head is good. The towels are thin and old looking..not very plush. The air conditioning is the old style units - very noisy. The front desk staff was not very friendly or accommodating, they never smiled. The restaurant staff and housekeeping were very friendly. Only one washer and dryer at this location, which was a problem since we were there for my sons baseball tournament along with a few other teams. Great location for this hotel with a lot of restaurants, Markets , etc in the area.
With better training by the management and a little investment in towels and washer / dryer, this could be a great hotel...now it is just average

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I had a short overnight stay during June 2013. The hotel met overall expectations. It was clean, comfortable and located in a safe, upscale suburban area with lots of restaurants within walking distance. Good deal, as I used a Priceline bid of $40.

Only a small, minor complaint....I felt sorry for the check-in clerk who appeared to be working alone, which caused a backed-up line for us to check in. Along with checking us in, he was answering all incoming phone calls. He apologized for the delays and he tried to make the best of the situation.

No free breakfast, and limited tv channel choices, but free internet and free parking. I definitely recomend as good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Indian Land, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We enjoyed the clean room, as well as the pool.The courtyard is a nice place to relax. They have all the high tech things that a traveler would enjoy. Free wifi for every 24 hours you stay, work out room, and modern decor. Some rooms offer a balcony if you reserve one. There is a 24 hour snack bar also. On our first morning we came down for breakfast at 9:50am. We did't realize that the breakfast was no longer available after 10:00am. As we walked up to the counter (the morning cook on 6/22/13 Lucinda gave us a half turn and said," breakfast is done"! Fast and short with no eye contact or second statement. She then turned and began doing what she thought was important...instead of offering other options ( with a smile). No worries there are plenty of breakfast, lunch, and dinner restaurants to go to within walking distance of the area. We were very pleasantly greeted with a smile from Angela every time we walked into the front door. As we checked out for our stay, I had a pleasant conversation with Corey. He is a very bright young man that has great customer service.

Room Tip: Bottom level rooms have patios to courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tommy W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding the customer service you received at my hotel. I am very proud of our Front Desk service and greatly appreciate you sharing your experience in our Bistro. This is not the experience I would like any guest to have and you as a customer deserved a better experience. I am truly sorry and thank you very much for your feedback! I will congratulate the Front Desk!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last 6 months and when I was here in December I was treated like a regular by the gal in the bistro/bar. She was so nice and likeable and its a shame I don't remember here name. I stayed here again in April and wasa with a large group of co-workers form all over the U.S and they were able to make everyone's stay great and they were willing to do whatever it took to make sure we had what we needed when we needed it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Schaumburg, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this Courtyard several times over the last few years because the price is very competitve. I stayed this week and was pleasantly surprised to find a very nice remodeled lobby area which included a new bistro. The bistro serves Starbucks coffee and has a bar. The staff is very nice and attentive. Where I feel this hotel falls short is in the rooms. The rooms are dated, curtains ripped, and bath towels are paper thin. You can also hear your neighbor pretty easily. In speaking to the staff, I believe renovations are coming in the next year. Location is great and convenient to many shops and restaurants.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta? Share your experiences!