This hotel, located near Windward Pkwy in Alpharetta, GA, does a great job. Thinking about staying at the big Marriott nearby? Think again. I would recommend this hotel over the large, "full-service" Marriott in Alpharetta, and this Courtyard hotel is only about a mile away. As a well-seasoned traveler, I look for certain basic things in a hotel. The one consistent, TOUGH lesson I have learned is this: If your nice, fancy, upscale hotel is a noisy, rattling, unnerving animal cage with rowdy conventioneers or party-goers, is this really what you expected when you booked? My guess is NO WAY. With that in mind, this Courtyard hotel is a hands-down winner over the great big Marriott nearby. By a long shot. Here is a list of things I like about this hotel:
1. Less NOISE.
2. Complimentary breakfast.
3. Refrigerator and microwave available.
4. Comfy beds.
5. FREE wifi. Nearby big Marriott charges a tidy sum, the cost which your company may or may not reimburse.
6. Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner on site. Less selection, but there are lots of nearby restaurants within safe walking distance.
7. Helpful, informative, friendly staff. The staff, including maintenance and housekeeping, is more forthcoming and have a generally more relaxed body language and openness to requests and suggestions. Big hotel's staff is very nice as well, but this hotel's staff is a bit more proactive.
8. Easy parking. Guestroom key activates several entry doors that make it possible to park very close to your room.
10. Complimentary newspapers out and available for guests.
11. Nice computers in the lobby that are available for guests to use 24/7. No room key is needed because the computers (and comfortable chairs) are set up in the lobby, turned away from passers-by.
----- Okay, now for a couple minor things that I did not like about the hotel -------
1. SUPER-slippery shower. Be careful! Consider using a towel so you don't fall and kill yourself just as you are all lathered up. Really slippery.
2. Various windows in the hotel, including some guest rooms, have insulating windows that have faulty seals. The windows are permanently foggy from the inside between the panes of glass. It is unsightly, but only a real problem if you want to spend time looking out the window.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you very much for your review. The staff at the Alpharetta Courtyard truly appreciates your feedback! We are in the process of changing out our windows that have broken seals so this will not be the case in the future. I will also look into the bath tubs further. Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel!
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.