“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
United States
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was tasty. My only problem was that my Wifi would not stay connected and I have never had this problem with any other Hilton hotel before. But overall the stay was great and I highly recommend this location. Also it is near several restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Management1000, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Yvette S,

We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it is important for our hotel to understand how our guests feel in order to provide them with a superior experience. The Homewood Suites is working diligently through new ownership and management to ensure all the necessary changes are made to achieve this. We are currently addressing your concern and are continually enhancing our hotel accommodations. We welcome the opportunity to provide you with this superior service on your next stay with us!

Twanna W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Galveston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was very impressed with what was all included in the room. It would have been very easy to prepare meals in the room for my family if I was staying longer. There was a fridge, stove, and fully stocked cabinets. I only stayed one night, but in the future I will use Homewood Suites. The entire hotel was very clean and upscale.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Management1000, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Nathan C,

We are very happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! As you know we have very large Suites to accommodate any length of stay and try our best to make this your home away from home. Perhaps we will have you stay longer on your next trip and really show off our Southern Hospitality. Thank you so much for being our valued guest, we look forward to seeing you and your family soon!

Cristine Edwards
Senior Sales Manager
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive on using my Hilton Honors points to make a 2 night reservation here, especially after reading some of the reviews about this hotel on TripAdvisor. But because it was
a great deal to use my points, I decided to take the chance. This is the first time I had visited a Homewood Suites from the Hilton line, so I wanted to try them out and see the hotel. Although, because of recent reviews, I was braced for "impact" of any negative situation, I had NONE during my stay. In fact, I had used my Hilton points for a regular King bed room, and the front desk gave me a King SUITE!!!! Oh, to my surprise when I opened the door to this two room suite! It had a FULL kitchen, even had a dishwasher. A Full sized refrigerator, stove top, dishes, and a tv and bed couch in the living room. In the bedroom was a REALLY comfortable king bed with a tv and spacious bathroom with a vanity outside the bathroom!! Great to put on make up when the bathroom is still steamy!!! Oh, this was above and beyond what I had expected!! So being plenty satisfied, my satisfaction also continued at breakfast, where I could have hot eggs, sausage, waffles, coffee and also have oatmeal, cereal, fresh fruit and muffins. So I packed what I wanted and brought to my room to enjoy!!! All the employees that I met were really nice, would greet me and talk briefly with me. When I had to check out after my 2 night stay, the desk staff was very pleasant, asked if my stay was enjoyable and if I had encountered any problems to let her know. So apparently, they are now getting Pro-active in having a place for people to really enjoy while being there!! I stayed August 8 & 9, 2013. Very clean premises, nice open lobby with plenty of sitting areas for the breakfast time. No complaint that I can think of on my stay!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear MailgirlFlorida,

We appreciate your feedback and welcome all opportunities to ensure that our guests are satisfied. How exciting to hear that your first visit to Homewood Suites was more than you expected. We have all been working diligently with new ownership and management to create a memorable experience for all our guests and we're very happy to have "WOW'd" you and guarantee we'll do it again!

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Philadelphia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Terrible hallway and room odor. TV was broken, wireless internet would not stay connected. The morning breakfast was OK. Best part of the stay was the staff. Friendly and helpful. A $49 a night hotel priced at $130+

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Scott B,

We appreciate your letting us know about your experience at our hotel. m We welcome all feedback whether it is good or bad. This helps us to continue to find areas of improvement to ensure the satisfaction of our cherished guests. We have been working diligently with making the necessary changes to achieve this. As you may not know, the Homewood Suites has recently transitioned into new ownership and management and much has been done in a short time to correct any concerns our previous guests may have experienced.

We apologize your experience was unfortunate and would like the opportunity to show off our upcoming renovations and fresh face on your next return. We hope to prove our dedication to you and look forward to seeing you again!

Greenville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

It was a nice hotel with friendly service. I would stay there again. The room furnishings seemed just a little outdated. But still a nice place to stay. The Greenville, SC location is very nice. Give it a try.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tammy B,

Thank you for you letting us know bout your experience at our hotel. We have a lot of new and excited changes coming and are looking forward to showing off our new face with a full renovation. Our new owners have demonstrated their dedication to the highest level of guest services and accommodations and we are working hard to enhance our hotel for a whole new guest experience!

Greenville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Don't stay here under any circumstances! I booked a reservation 6 months in advance, only to find they didn't have the room type I reserved when I got there. I received no concession for this whatsoever, and was forced to make my group uncomfortable since I was never notified in advance of the issue. We were forced to leave the premises in the middle of our stay by the owner, stating we would be charged with trespassing if we did not leave immediately. Their reasoning was a completely untrue accusation that we were smoking in the room, of which they had absolutely no proof because we were not smoking. I was extorted into paying for the entire stay plus a cleaning fee OR ELSE they threatened me with arrest. Such a pleasant way to do business. I found it interesting that we were forced to vacate right around check-in time, on a weekend when they were booked solid. I'd bet a considerable sum that they re-sold the room right away. If the possibility of being overcharged, threatened by rude staff, and being left without a place to go sound like your idea of a great hotel, this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Madison, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Sure didn't seem like a Hilton, but it was, front desk staff needs work hope this was their first job didn't seem like they knew what they were doing. Stayed 2 nights. First night was okay. Breakfast was bad. Few items and not enoutgh room to get food. Second night the 2 rooms across from us, had a party. They bang the doors close, bang on the door and talked loudly . I called the front desk and they came up and talk to them, but they were still loud and they banged the door close multi time after they were talked to. Was told they could of moved us, don't know about you don't enjoy moving room at 11:30 P.M., anyway they didn't offer. I'm sure other guest hear the noise. They offer dinner the first night didn't look to good didn't eat. Breakfast second was no better than first. Seen they were under new management. Good luck, bet you don't get toop many returning guess.

Room Tip: Go to another Hilon chain.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Management1000, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Karen T,

We would like to say thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel. We recently have acquired the property and have been working extremely hard on making the necessary adjustments to make our hotel an exceptional choice for our guests. Our new owner and management has made a great investment in ensuring the right people are in place and the immediate improvements are made to ensure this goal is achieved.

We appreciate all of our guests and their patience during those growing pains and hope that these efforts will prove our dedication to you. In addition, we will be fully renovating our hotel in Q4 2013 and would love the opportunity to have you return and be won over! We apologize for your last stay and will be prepared for your next.

Twanna

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta? Share your experiences!