“Great hotel, great design” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #11 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Orlando, FL
“Great hotel, great design”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

This is the Hyatt Place, not the Hyatt Hotel. And for the price, it was a good choice. From the lobby to the suite, the hotel exudes a modern attitude. You can check in either at the front counter or at the express check -in and out machine - talk about convenience... Starbucks coffee is brewed at the modern concept kitchen.
The suite was neat, sported pleasing geometric shapes all around - a comfortable sleep sofa, work desk and complimentary WiFI - and absolute must. Also impressive is the media center where you can either connect your MP3 player, laptop, or your own DVD player, and project your video on the large flat panel HDTV.
There are a couple of drawbacks to be aware of. Apparently, the hotel is still a work in progress because the bathroom sported a poorly patched crack in on the wall. Also, if you are looking for a good view, this is not the hotel for you. Find a hotel downtown. This hotel has six floor and the view from one side is of a small strip mall on one side and a free way on the other side.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

This was my first stay at this brand and I totally fell in love. The lobby is really nice and the warm, dark colors are very soothing and rich. I could not believe what you got for the price. The front desk staff was helpful though I don't like their uniforms. They look cheap which makes the staff look a little unkempt. I got to my room and really didn't have to leave. It was sooo cozy from the sectional sofa with ottoman to the awesome bed and flat screen TV. The TV even rotates so you can easily view it from the bedroom or sofa. The sink/vanity is really nice and there is a wet bar (small but useful) with a sink, microwave and refrigerator. I loved my room and it didn't feel like I was in a hotel. The surrounding area offers restaurants and a Wal-Mart and Northpoint Mall is nearby (there is another Hyatt Place closer to the mall, but this one is a few dollars cheaper). The only downsides: breakfast wasn't good and because of a Gulf Coast hurricane evacuation, there were many evacuees who were quite noisy. Otherwise, this hotel is perfect and I will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Everything including free wireless internet
  • Disliked — Noisy guests
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

many excellent features in the hotel. However, rooms are not clean. Cleaning is very superficial. I hope at least bathroom towels were clean enough.

• Stayed September 2008
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

The best room I have had in some time at a price cheaper than I could have expected. Wonderful staff. My wallet had slid into a hard to get at spot in my rental car such that I reported to the desk that I had lost it. They helped me search, assured me I would have somewhere to sleep, kept the bar open late so I could calm my nerves after finally finding it. I felt cared for but not swamped. Perfect.

• Liked — value
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

Absolutely great. Friendly, helpful staff, clean and comfortable rooms. Very trendy. If there is a Hyatt Place where Im going, thats where I want to stay from now on.

• Liked — Big flat-panel swivel TV, comfy couch, coffee-shop atmosphere
  • Disliked — pool was average
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

Could not believe that I got this hotel for $64 a night on Memorial weekend day. I tried the hotel website and that's the price I got. The rating of the hotel was definitely a 4+ star but because of the price I rated it a 5. Every room was a suite with a flat panel LCD swivelling TV. The breakfast covered in the hotel charges was also superior to just the regular continental offered by most. Cleanliness was comparable to one of the best.
I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone out there who has any doubts.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The pool..Too crowded
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
North GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2008

We loved this place! The king bed with sofabed was HUGE! Plenty of room for my 2 girls and me. There was a very large flat screen tv in the room that swiveled. All areas we saw of the hotel were exceptionally clean including our room and bathroom. The continental breakfast was nice with fresh fruit and plenty to fill us up. The pool was large and freezing, but they are not in charge of the weather! They had 2 computers for guest use and most of the staff were very friendly to my girls. None were mean, just some made more of an effort to talk with them than others. The cleaning crew was waiting to clean our room as we left around 11:30 ( check out is 12) and the guy ran down to my car as we were leaving to hand me my cell phone which I had left. I had not yet missed it and was grateful he made the effort to get it to me!
There was a place to buy premade snacks and drinks in the lobby as well as a kitchen area where you could order hot meals and snacks. We ate dinner there ( lots of nice seating areas) but I felt it was pricey for the small portions. We actually went out a couple hours later and ate again! For us,the convenience did not make up for the price and portions, but I can see how it would be great for those without a car.
We will definelty return to this Hyatt Place as well as try others:-)

• Liked — size of room, quietness
  • Disliked — people ignored the no smoking signs at the pool
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hyatt Place Windward Parkway? Share your experiences!