“Nice Stay for Business” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice Stay for Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed here on a business trip. Was given a room on the top floor which I enjoyed. The room was kept up well and had a sweet Audio Visual TV setup. Only problem with the room was that I found some chapstick that did not belong to me under the couch.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have stayed in the Hyatt Place Windward Parkway (HPWP) several times over the past year for work. With a large, clean, comfortable room and the breakfast buffet, the HPWP provides a solid experience for the money. Some observations:
1. Large Room. I've only stayed in rooms with King beds. In addition, the rooms come with a large flat screen TV, a L (or J) shaped sofa with ottoman, and desk. Lots of room to stretch out.
2. Breakfast buffet. Standard issue HP breakfast buffet included in the rate. There is a lot of food and is more than adequate. Included in the buffet are "skillets" (usually two types), french toast or pancakes, single serve cereal boxes, hot oatmeal, fruit salad (grapefruit separate), yogurt, cottage cheese, toast, bagels and doughnuts. No shortage of options. The skillets look to be prefabricated but who's to complain?
3. Coffee. The coffee served at the HPWP is pretty good. The staff replaces the pots very quickly when they run out.
4. Lobby. Just the right amount of space for breakfast. I always find a seat.
5. Food and bar service. Has a cold case with pre-made sandwiches and beverages. Also sells granola bars and other snacks. Other hot food is available 24/7. i have not tried the food, but it is available. There is a limited-service bar if you want a beer or a glass of wine before heading up. It's basic but it does the trick.
6. Staff. Staff is friendly and professional. They are always welcoming (even at 1am) and they keep the lobby clean at breakfast, which is no small task.
7. Exercise options: There is a small pool and gym. I have run outside, and it's easy to run 3 miles headed in either direction on Windward Parkway. If you turn right and head across 400, turn right on Marconi, there is an Alpharetta Greenway that goes for miles.

The amenities could be more luxurious but if you go to a HP you are not expecting that. This hotel is comfortable, convenient, and the service is good. No complaints from me!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed here after Jack Johnson concert, and found it to be very clean and comfortable. Excellent location off the interstate with convenient restaurants within walking distance. If you're traveling with friends or family, there is room to spread out. For us females, there are lots of mirrors! This is not always the case when traveling:) Seems to be a good choice for business travelers, as well. Beds were comfortable and shower was good. The only complaint would be that the floor of the shower felt like it was going to cave in on me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This hotel is very convenient to the business that I was visiting for the week. The staff was very friendly but not overbearing. The hotel was clean and well kept. My only complaint would be that it was somewhat noisy when people were in the hall. Also, the way the window and coverings are, it allows a lot of light in the room even when the drapes are pulled. I would definitely stay again. The complaints I have are personal preferences and not a deal breaker for staying.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Hyatt Place is one of our favorite chains, and the Hyatt Place on Windward in Alpharetta was my preferred place to stay back in 2006 while we were making plans to move to Alpharetta; even after we moved it was my standard hotel to recommend to colleagues or family passing through town. So it was natural they were on my short list of hotels to consider for out of town guests and wedding party for our son's wedding. Unfortunately we were greatly disappointed.

Arranging for a block of rooms was relatively straightforward and easy, and we got a good rate. They even offered shuttle service to/from the ceremony and reception, though nobody took advantage of that service.

The reservation process entailed me making reservations (with my credit card) for the wedding guests we were to pay for, and other guest reservations being made directly against our group code to get our rate. We wound up with 11 or 12 rooms for our group, and all had similar feedback on their stays:

- Making reservations it was not possible to tell online if our group code was applied to the reservation; I made multiple calls to make sure our reservations were properly placed in our group, but it just should have been easier.
- The check-in process was confusing and disorderly
- The rooms were great: clean, comfortable, modern
- There was a great deal of noise the weekend our party was there due to some teenage sports teams (though not really the hotel's fault)

Some of our guests reported that their keys didn't work after the first night, despite their printed reservation confirmation showing 4 nights reserved.

Others of our guests reported confused and startled people barging into their room: apparently incorrectly being given keys to their room.

And finally, the wedding party charges that were supposed to hit our credit card never did; I went by the hotel and confirmed the charges were incorrectly placed on our guest's credit cards. The hotel reversed those charges and properly applied them to my card, saying their paperwork didn't indicate the rooms were to be charged to my card: to which I wonder why I had to provide my card number to make the reservations to begin with, and why/how I should be held responsible for something missing on their paperwork. To make matters worse, one of the rooms was charged at the regular rate, not our group rate, despite my multiple calls due to the group code not showing up on online reservations. I asked if they could simply apply the discounted rate, and they refused: despite the fact that our group bought 30+ room-nights from them.

This only slightly tarnishes my opinion of the Hyatt Place brand in general, but I'll think twice of recommending the Hyatt Place on Windward to my colleagues and family in the future.

Stayed April 2014
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I'm glad I pick this hotel for a getaway with my family. The room was big, space enough for my kids to play around. Kitchenette was good, they had a small refrigerator and a sink very nice. I love the people, they were very nice and kind all the time. Everything was veryyyy clean. The most that i loved was the free breakfast. It was a very big breakfast, not just continental, they had egg croissant sandwiches, sausage croissant sandwiches, fresh yogurt, different kinds of fruits, different kinds of bread for toast, different kind of juices (orange was my favorite) and the coffee was soo good, they had coffee all the time and it's Starbucks brand. They didn't have a microwave on the room but in the lobby they had one. Definitely this has become one of my places to go on vacations or getaways. I simply love it. The location of this hotel is very good because they had everything around very close, Walmart, restaurants and at the same time it's not a busy area like downtown.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdlae, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

In this very competitive area of Alpharetta, this hotel had everything I needed at a great price. Free and fast hot breakfast, free wifi, spacious rooms and a comfortable bed. No bull or hidden charges, 24/7 pantry, and great restaurants within walking distance. I will be back.

Stayed April 2014

Been to Hyatt Place Windward Parkway? Share your experiences!