“Overbooking and amateur staff” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Goiania, GO
“Overbooking and amateur staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is very good, like all the others Hyatt Place that I had been before, but I had a problem with overbooking in that hotel. I arrived earlier and asked for early check-in, they were full and told me they could get me a room by 1 Pm. I had 2 rooms reserved, when I got there they already had both rooms, but one still nedeed to be cleaned. I said that I just needed one room to take shower and later we would get the keys from the other room. I asked to put my father's luggage in that room. When I came back later they said that a guest didn't live, so they didn't have a room to my father. I know that's a lie, because the room just needed to be clean. They couldn't find other hotel to my father because the ones close by were all full, so he had to sleep in the sofa of my room.
In the morning I tried to complain with the manager, Jaime, who was the one who made my check-in on the previous day and he didn't want to listen. He kept interrupting me and didn't even apologize.
D

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Placida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

is what I felt like for the 4 days I stayed. Ashley, Colette, Scott, & others knew me by my full name, and NOT because of any " high maintenance issues" ;) We were there for our daughter's wedding before & after reunions. The rooms were well appointed a la " Springhill Suites" with separate lounging and bedroom areas. Wi -Fi was good throughout the property- even poolside. The breakfast was more than adequate with hot & cold options. Yes, the bar tended to be pricey, - as with all hotel lobby bars, but you are served with a smile. We made use of the meeting rooms and were not disappointed; someone was always available if we had need of extra chairs, ice, or any thing else- again, addressing us by name. Right across the street is a large, high-end strip mall with restaurants, nail salon, etc. and there is an easy, pleasant sidewalk walk one mile to each side of the Hyatt. The property seems to stay busy and there were no vacancies for 2 days that we were there, so reservations are recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I booked this hotel for my baseball team and as difficult it is to please everybody, this staff did it. Not 1 complaint, everyone loved their stay. Danielle, Director of Sales was awesome. The staff was very helpful, friendly and even suggested local activities and gave us great suggestions which made the stay perfect. Excellent breakfast and cant wait to book again. Thank you all!

Room Tip: No ice on 2nd floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Woodinville, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I arrived VERY late on Monday night (2.30am) due to a delayed flight. The guy on reception was absolutely fabulous. Really helpful, extremely welcoming, sorted a bunch of things out for me that I seemed to be unable to do in my tired and confused state.

Room was great (although I wasn't there ling) - good (included) breakfast.

Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jasper, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Very reasonable price for a spacious, clean room. Great staff and nice pool area. Appreciated the fact that you could get food 24/7 from their market menu. It definitely beats similarly priced hotels in the area. I am always extremely pleased with hyatt places and only wish I had discovered them sooner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed at the HP on Windward in Alpharetta on a recent business trip. Got in close to midnight and hadn't eaten. I asked where the closest fast food was and the manager on duty pointed to their café and insisted I grab whatever I wanted free of charge. The gesture alone won me over but the food was certainly better than any drive thru. For some reason I feel like the HP facilities age well - always seem very new to me even after 10+ years.
I'm a runner and enjoyed a beautiful run up the road by the business parks and trails. Ran right from the hotel under the bridge and it felt like I was in the middle of the woods.

Room Tip: No bad rooms here relative to road proximity.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed here recently for an overnight business trip and the location was very convenient. The staff was very friendly and efficient at check in. My room was clean and nicely furnished, but the bed was too soft and felt firmer on one half. This hotel gets a three instead of a four because there was a lot of noise during the night - sounded like some kind of equipment kept cycling on and off.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Windward Parkway? Share your experiences!