“Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a few years back and although it wasn't the greatest stay I thought it was better than the negative ratings I read about it. Boy was I wrong. What a difference a few years make. Let me start by saying the staff are very friendly and polite. Sarah was great at check in and provided me with a warm welcome. I got to my room (601) and there I could see where the hotel was in need of an update. Although the rooms look clean and modern with large flat screen televisions the rust stains and the spots on the bathroom walls were a giveaway. This room was quiet since it was away from the elevator and the freeway. After the second day, the television in my room stopped responding to input from the remote or when buttons were pushed on the television. This resulted in a move to a different room down the hall to room 622. This room showed much more wear and tear. The faucet on the bathroom sink actually swiveled due to it not being properly mounted and tightened. I found myself moving it to keep the water from running onto the counter. If that wasn't enough, during my last night with a flight to catch the next day, the toilet backed up and flooded the bathroom out into the vanity area soaking the rug. I actually had to go through the water and turn off the toilet valve to keep our belongings from getting wet.This late night move was down two floors with all of our luggage was not a good ending. After being told we would be credited for having to move when the television went out in the first room,I discovered the deduction was not on my final bill. After talking to the front desk, the one day charge was removed. When asked about any modifications to the rate due to the flooding in the second room I was asked if I wanted a credit or points which could be redeemed for a future night at Hyatt Place. After this adventure, I don't know if I'm ready to risk it again at another Hyatt place. The rooms on the freeway side of the hotel I would highly discourage unless you enjoy waking up a few times each night as a loud truck or speeding car goes by. The beds were not very comfortable. The food in the kitchen is a step above a continental breakfast but also leaves a lot to be desired (cold oatmeal dried out skillet sandwiches and rancid coffee). There is very little room to move around in the bathroom. They should remove the tub and install a shower only to fix this problem. This hotel is should be given less than two star rating.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Buena Vista, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Right off the highway, clean,and great breakfast. and very affordable.I would definitely stay there again .the staff was friendly and helpful I can't believe the room was only 57 dollars. I give it 5 stars.

• Stayed October 2012
Roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Clean, lovely hotel with the most caring attentive staff. Delicious complimentary breakfast, really know how to treat their guests, very warm and welcoming.
By far, best hotel in the Alpharetta - Roswell area
Very nice clientele - never noisy

Room Tip: Very kind front office staff
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Norfolk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My stay in this hotel surprised me as I realized quickly that this is a remodeled Amerisuites hotel. I expected there to be some shortcomings with this remodel but in general the furnishings were very nice. There were little things such as the condition if the elevator that revealed its prior condition but the retro furnishings in the rooms, larger space, large tv, and comfortable bed were all bonuses. Unfortunately, the upstairs neighbors were very active at 2am and then a car alarm went off about the same time (related? You decide...). The next morning there seemed to be a real mixture of clients in the breakfast nook. Vacationing families as well as professionals. The oatmeal was rather sticky but the blast sandwich that I had was good. The coffee and OJ were rather good also.
The hotel location threw my GPS into a swivet more than once as it tried to lead me into the strip mall lot next door instead of the hotel parking lot. There is a nice mall nearby as well if you need to stretch your legs. They even have 2 Auntie Anne's for the pretzel fans out there. All in all it was a decent experience but I would probably prefer the Hilton if I had a choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Camden, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Good place, and great value. Do not make reservation through third party here your room will not be held. Overall the staff were congenial, and nice. The service was excellent, and my family felt comfortable. If not for the mishap with the third party reservation the weeken would have been perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

All Hyatt Place hotels are nice, reasonable and updated. This property stands out because of all the great restaurants within walking distance or close by shuttle. Also great shopping nearby. The only negative is that the cable channels are limited and geared toward men with many sports channels and no Food Network, my favorite. Management please address this. Cookies available in lobby are amazing.

• Stayed October 2012
Lawrenceville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was married in September and recommended this place for my guests to stay at for about $69. Everyone seemed pleased with their rooms and hotel and enjoyed their stay. Although their rooms were fine and all, I was extremely disappointed with my experience at the Hyatt Place.

Before the event, the event planner and I talked about the shuttle that would take our guests to and from the wedding. We had an understanding that as many runs would be taken as necessary. On the day of the event I had a discussion with someone at the front desk and confirmed what the drop off and pick up times were to be. It was agreed that the first pickup time was going to be at 11:10. I was alerted by one of my guests at 10:40 that the shuttle had arrived and they had to leave now in order to get a ride back to the hotel. This was not acceptable at all. That was not what was agreed upon earlier in the day and prior to guests booking at the hotel. We still had activities and surprises for our guests at the end of the wedding. Unfortunately the wedding was cut short for our guests and nothing can be done to give that experience back. I was and still am very disappointed in this establishment and unfortunately cannot recommend the services of Hyatt Place to anyone.

The above happened on 9/1/12, and I have since heard that this happened to another "Wedding Block" group on 10/3/12. This must occur many times so I thought I would post this for other brides and grooms looking to put their guests at this establishment

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Windward Parkway? Share your experiences!