“Good place to stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 28 hotels in Alpharetta
Camden, New Jersey, United States
“Good place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Good place, and great value. Do not make reservation through third party here your room will not be held. Overall the staff were congenial, and nice. The service was excellent, and my family felt comfortable. If not for the mishap with the third party reservation the weeken would have been perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

All Hyatt Place hotels are nice, reasonable and updated. This property stands out because of all the great restaurants within walking distance or close by shuttle. Also great shopping nearby. The only negative is that the cable channels are limited and geared toward men with many sports channels and no Food Network, my favorite. Management please address this. Cookies available in lobby are amazing.

• Stayed October 2012
Lawrenceville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was married in September and recommended this place for my guests to stay at for about $69. Everyone seemed pleased with their rooms and hotel and enjoyed their stay. Although their rooms were fine and all, I was extremely disappointed with my experience at the Hyatt Place.

Before the event, the event planner and I talked about the shuttle that would take our guests to and from the wedding. We had an understanding that as many runs would be taken as necessary. On the day of the event I had a discussion with someone at the front desk and confirmed what the drop off and pick up times were to be. It was agreed that the first pickup time was going to be at 11:10. I was alerted by one of my guests at 10:40 that the shuttle had arrived and they had to leave now in order to get a ride back to the hotel. This was not acceptable at all. That was not what was agreed upon earlier in the day and prior to guests booking at the hotel. We still had activities and surprises for our guests at the end of the wedding. Unfortunately the wedding was cut short for our guests and nothing can be done to give that experience back. I was and still am very disappointed in this establishment and unfortunately cannot recommend the services of Hyatt Place to anyone.

The above happened on 9/1/12, and I have since heard that this happened to another "Wedding Block" group on 10/3/12. This must occur many times so I thought I would post this for other brides and grooms looking to put their guests at this establishment

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We visited Alpharetta, GA on our way to Michigan for a wedding. Had been researching homes in Alpharetta for 2 years and wanted to see what it was all about. Alpharetta didn't let us down. It is 1st class. Actually got my Hyatt Place reservation through Hotwire which was a good deal, but had already researched the hotels and knew that I would get a good one. The Hyatt Place is super clean, has all the amenities, large rooms, big TV, good breakfast, and convenient to everything. Was very happy with our choice. In fact, we tried to stay there again on the way back from Michigan, but didn't have a reservation and they were already filled by 5:00 p.m. on a Tuesday. We will be going back in October and hope to stay there again.

Room Tip: Even at a higher price than Hotwire, this would have been a good choice. Has everything that higher...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is my first time writing a review and I would like to first say I check tripadvisor before I go to any destination and this particular hotel was the first let down. Check in was a breeze. I booked my room on hyatt's website. Everything was ready when I got there including the 30.00 deposit that they were deducting from my account for incidentals, which will take 3-5 days to return to your account. This would have been okay if they would have told me before I booked when I called them. The lobby photos on the site looks the same way in person. The elevators smelled on our way to and from our rooms for some reason. The room looked nice and also looked just like the photos except different bed spreads. It was very spacious, nice tv, nice bathroom counter, the most comfortable bed and pillows I have ever felt in my life. The bad stuff-- The floors were stained, the carpet was coming up from the sides of the wall, the walls are thin,the floor was wet, the doors slammed loud all night long, the mirror was cracked, it looked like throwup stains in our shower that didnt come up when the house keeper tried to clean it, children played on our phone all night, the front desk lady put us on the same floor with these different sports groups that ran up and down the halls all night long. Everyone complained about these ppl. I felt she could have told us about these busloads of children. Lastly everyone is lying there butts off about the complimentary breakfast. They had a lot of stuff for us to choose from but I know it all came right out of a box. All the beverages except water was hot, the am sandwiches were disgusting, and the oatmeal looked like porridge. Breakfast begins at 7am on weekends why did I go down at 725 and they were out of stuff and I was first in line. Its a nice kitchen setting but when it is busy you can barely move around. Ppl were dropping the spoons that were needed to get food up which is unsanitary. The dishes for breakfast were dirty and they ran out of plastic dishes. I almost forgot there are no microwaves which is so inconvenient. You have to keep walking downstairs to warm up food. I did enjoy the personal pan pizza I bought for 8 dollars. There sandwiches cost 9.10 to be exact, which is a def no. If you are planning a getaway, you need to getaway from this hotel. This hotel is not welcoming to me and very understaffed so this is not a home away from home type of place. Just a place to take a nap in those comfy beds and hit the road!!

Room Tip: Ask ahead of time about large groups that may be staying there to avoid that floor and bring food to...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Madison, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I arrived at the hotel at night after it had been raining in Atlanta for a couple of days. I checked into my 1st floor room and noticed that it smelled musty. I went to dinner came back and asked to be switched to another room. Instead of just saying "let me see if I can arrange that" I get a dissertation about how because of the rain the room is probably leaking and that is the smell. He found out that he could not move me because the hotel is booked solid and that for now they would have housekeeping come by and spray some stuff to make the room smell better.

Housekeeping came to the room sprayed some stuff and checked the carpet near the window...which was soaked. So I made it through the nite, switched rooms the next day and guess what -- same thing. A smelly damp room.

Next time I am in town I will be staying at the Marriott down the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Had to spend 4 nights in the area due to a family emergency. There are many options and Priceline served me this one at 3 stars and $50 per night. Large king bed with pull out sofa for my kids. Did not feel too crowded with 4 in one room. Great pool. Great breakfast. Only major complaint was musty smell from AC. But in Atlanta's heat and humidity, that's somewhat understandable.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Hyatt Place Windward Parkway? Share your experiences!