“Lovely hotel, lovely area” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Alpharetta
Cumming, Georgia
“Lovely hotel, lovely area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We visited Alpharetta, GA on our way to Michigan for a wedding. Had been researching homes in Alpharetta for 2 years and wanted to see what it was all about. Alpharetta didn't let us down. It is 1st class. Actually got my Hyatt Place reservation through Hotwire which was a good deal, but had already researched the hotels and knew that I would get a good one. The Hyatt Place is super clean, has all the amenities, large rooms, big TV, good breakfast, and convenient to everything. Was very happy with our choice. In fact, we tried to stay there again on the way back from Michigan, but didn't have a reservation and they were already filled by 5:00 p.m. on a Tuesday. We will be going back in October and hope to stay there again.

Room Tip: Even at a higher price than Hotwire, this would have been a good choice. Has everything that higher...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is my first time writing a review and I would like to first say I check tripadvisor before I go to any destination and this particular hotel was the first let down. Check in was a breeze. I booked my room on hyatt's website. Everything was ready when I got there including the 30.00 deposit that they were deducting from my account for incidentals, which will take 3-5 days to return to your account. This would have been okay if they would have told me before I booked when I called them. The lobby photos on the site looks the same way in person. The elevators smelled on our way to and from our rooms for some reason. The room looked nice and also looked just like the photos except different bed spreads. It was very spacious, nice tv, nice bathroom counter, the most comfortable bed and pillows I have ever felt in my life. The bad stuff-- The floors were stained, the carpet was coming up from the sides of the wall, the walls are thin,the floor was wet, the doors slammed loud all night long, the mirror was cracked, it looked like throwup stains in our shower that didnt come up when the house keeper tried to clean it, children played on our phone all night, the front desk lady put us on the same floor with these different sports groups that ran up and down the halls all night long. Everyone complained about these ppl. I felt she could have told us about these busloads of children. Lastly everyone is lying there butts off about the complimentary breakfast. They had a lot of stuff for us to choose from but I know it all came right out of a box. All the beverages except water was hot, the am sandwiches were disgusting, and the oatmeal looked like porridge. Breakfast begins at 7am on weekends why did I go down at 725 and they were out of stuff and I was first in line. Its a nice kitchen setting but when it is busy you can barely move around. Ppl were dropping the spoons that were needed to get food up which is unsanitary. The dishes for breakfast were dirty and they ran out of plastic dishes. I almost forgot there are no microwaves which is so inconvenient. You have to keep walking downstairs to warm up food. I did enjoy the personal pan pizza I bought for 8 dollars. There sandwiches cost 9.10 to be exact, which is a def no. If you are planning a getaway, you need to getaway from this hotel. This hotel is not welcoming to me and very understaffed so this is not a home away from home type of place. Just a place to take a nap in those comfy beds and hit the road!!

Room Tip: Ask ahead of time about large groups that may be staying there to avoid that floor and bring food to...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Madison, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I arrived at the hotel at night after it had been raining in Atlanta for a couple of days. I checked into my 1st floor room and noticed that it smelled musty. I went to dinner came back and asked to be switched to another room. Instead of just saying "let me see if I can arrange that" I get a dissertation about how because of the rain the room is probably leaking and that is the smell. He found out that he could not move me because the hotel is booked solid and that for now they would have housekeeping come by and spray some stuff to make the room smell better.

Housekeeping came to the room sprayed some stuff and checked the carpet near the window...which was soaked. So I made it through the nite, switched rooms the next day and guess what -- same thing. A smelly damp room.

Next time I am in town I will be staying at the Marriott down the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Had to spend 4 nights in the area due to a family emergency. There are many options and Priceline served me this one at 3 stars and $50 per night. Large king bed with pull out sofa for my kids. Did not feel too crowded with 4 in one room. Great pool. Great breakfast. Only major complaint was musty smell from AC. But in Atlanta's heat and humidity, that's somewhat understandable.

• Stayed June 2012
alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Friendly and helpful staff, clean room for the most part (check under the toilet seat). Air conditioner the first night malfunctioned but we were quickly changed to another room. The room was very quiet except for the constantly running air conditioner that is located next to the bed. 5 mile radius complimentary shuttle is a great service feature for guests. Pool was relaxing, quiet, and clean. Breakfast was delicious each morning. Room card key had to be reset everyday while we were there and sometimes more than once a day. Quite inconvenient. Firmer pillows would also be a nice addition.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My daughter, grandchildren and I spent one week at the Hyatt Place, 5595 Windward Parkway in Alpharetta, Georgia. It was truly a most pleasant week in every way. I requested rooms next to or across from one another so the family would be close. I was told they would do the best they could. They remembered and kept their promise. To my pleasure and surprise, we had adjoining rooms so the family was basically all together. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was most pleasant and accommodating, greeting us warmly and most helpful with any needs, requests or advice. Free WiFi, parking and an ample complementary breakfast added to our Hyatt Place stay. The small divider between the couch, desk area made for more privacy in the bed area so you did not feel "jammed together". The location was convenient to shopping and restaurant areas. I woud definitely recommend the Hyatt Place in Alpharetta, Georgia without second thoughts. The place was great ... and the price was right ! Carol Vogt, Erie, PA

Room Tip: Clean - Comfortable - Convenient - Reasonable
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

I always stay at the Hyatt Place whenever I can. It's always clean, inexpensive, and the rooms are great! This one was no exception. I'd give five stars all around except I found out there was one by a pretty good mall about 5 miles away.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Hyatt Place Windward Parkway? Share your experiences!